<- Back

731 Park Avenue

Old Version

General Information

No:   731  
Street:    Park   
Name:   null  
Family:   Stimson  
Historic Plaque:   null  
Owner Info:   Y  
Built:    1925   
Sec:   29  
Subdivision:   George W. Corey  
Architect:   37, 38  
Cont/build:   null  
Description:   Schreiber  
Original Use:   F  
Current Use:   Residential  
Chages As Built:   Residential  
Add To:   N  
Sub:   Y  
From:   N  
Replace:   N  
Changes Description:    April 1983 - garage fire destroyed 3 cars. Afterwards the Woolseys rebuilt the garage and made the Miller's chicken coop into a tool shed. 1988 - the Woolseys added an entrance hall, screened porch, family room, den, 1st floor bathroom, mudroom, finished basement and laundry room, master bedroom and bath. Also a deck. 1996 - permit for the Woolseys to add a mud/breakfast room and add to the dining room.  


Current Owner: Drake D. & April Z. Stimson Date Fr: 2004 Date To: 
Original: Jessie W. & Helen I. Miller  Date Fr: 1925 Date To: 1980
1:  Mark L. & Anne F. Woolsey Date Fr 1: 1980 Date To 1: 2004
2:  Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
3:  Date Fr 3:  Date To 3: 
4:  Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 
5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  1975


Story 1: Sold by Evelyn (Miller) & Kenneth Copher, Harold (d) & Wanda (d) Miller, William (d) & Mary Miller, Donald (d) & Phyllis Miller in 1980. 1996 - A Miller son lives on Price Road, Milford. He says the house was built in 1925. The Woolseys say they were told when they bought the house it was built in 1922 but they have no documentation to prove it. The Millers had 5 children. (We only know of four children.)Four Miller children graduated from Terrace Park High School: William 1934, Donald 1938, Harold 1944 & Evelyn 1947.

Story 2: It was Phyllis Miller, married to Don Miller, who in 1962 opened the School House Restaurant in Camp Dennison.According to a Cincinnati Enquirer article, January 24, 2009, Phyllis was one of only three women to graduate from Ohio State University's architecture program in 1949. Beth Miller is a daughter and has continued the remodeling job her mother began on the 1949 house she and her husband bought in 1953. (Article in the Terrace Park Historical Society archives)

Story 3: There's a memorial to Mark Woolsey's grandparents, Amelia and Jack Voss, on the end of a front pew in St. Thomas Church. Jack was on the St. Thomas Vestry the year Mark was born. They did not live in Terrace Park but attended St. Thomas Church.


1939 Map: Miller

1942 Map: William Miller

1951/3 Map: William J. Miller

1959-78 Directories: William & Helen Miller

1980 Directory: (Sold 1980)

1982-2003 Directories: Mark L. & Anne Woolsey

2004-05 Directory: (Sold 2004)

2006-07 Directory:

2008-19 Directories: Stimson, Drake & April