The story of Terrace Park begins with the safe landing at Columbia in January 1789 of Abraham Covalt's party of forty-five people. After spending the night at Columbia the men in the party set out to locate their land seven miles or so up the Little Miami River. They began building Covalt Station near where the St. Thomas Church stands today.
This diagram is not of the actual Covalt Station, but is typical of the area.
None of this information has been verified by the Terrace Park building survey.
Created 2 July 2010 with RootsMagic Genealogy Software