Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 731  Street: Park Name: 
Family: Stimson Owner Info: Y
Built: 1925 Sec: 29 Sub: George W. Corey Lot: 37, 38
Architect:  Cont/Build: Schreiber
#Owners: 3F Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
April 1983 - garage fire destroyed 3 cars.  Afterwards the Woolseys rebuilt the garage and made the Miller's chicken coop into a tool shed.  1988 - the Woolseys added an entrance hall, screened porch, family room, den, 1st floor bathroom, mudroom, finished basement and laundry room, master bedroom and bath. Also a deck.          1996 - permit for the Woolseys to add a mud/breakfast room and add to the dining room.
Current Owner: Drake D. & April Z. Stimson Date Fr: 2004 Date To: 
Original Owner: Jessie W. & Helen I. Miller  Date Fr: 1925 Date To: 1980
Owner 1:  Mark L. & Anne F. Woolsey Date Fr 1: 1980 Date To 1: 2004
Owner 2:  Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
Owner 3:  Date Fr 3:  Date To 3: 
Owner 4:  Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 
Owner 5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
Owner 6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
Owner 7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
Owner 8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Jessie W. & Helen Miller
Description: 2 story greatly expanded Bungalow, siding, gable roof.  Originally living room, dining room, kitchen, open porch, 3 bedrooms and bath. (see picture).   
Story 1:      Sold by Evelyn (Miller) & Kenneth Copher, Harold (d) & Wanda (d) Miller, William (d) & Mary Miller, Donald (d) & Phyllis Miller in 1980.  1996 - A Miller son lives on Price Road, Milford.  He says the house was built in 1925.  The Woolseys say they were told when they bought the house it was built in 1922 but they have no documentation to prove it.  The Millers had 5 children.  (We only know of four children.)   Four Miller children graduated from Terrace Park High School:  William 1934, Donald 1938, Harold 1944 & Evelyn 1947.  
William J. Miller died 28 August 1977, buried Section 18 of Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH, Noakes Funeral Home.  (Sister Evelyn's 2nd husband was a Noakes.  Monroe & Noakes Funeral Home preceded Evans Funeral Home.)
     Harold "Hal" Lloyd Miller died 18 Mar 2015, aged 89 years.  He was born on Lynne Street in Cincinnati, Ohio but grew up in Terrace Park. 
Story 2: It was Phyllis Miller, married to Don Miller, who in 1962 opened the School House Restaurant in Camp Dennison.  According to a Cincinnati Enquirer article, January 24, 2009, Phyllis was one of only three women to graduate from Ohio State University's architecture program in 1949.  Beth Miller is a daughter and has continued the remodeling job her mother began on the 1949 house she and her husband bought in 1953.    (Article in the Terrace Park Historical Society archives)
Story 3: There's a memorial to Mark Woolsey's grandparents, Amelia and Jack Voss, on the end of a front pew in St. Thomas Church.  Jack was on the St. Thomas Vestry the year Mark was born.  They did not live in Terrace Park but attended St. Thomas Church. 
1939 Map: Miller
1942 Map: William Miller
1951/3 Map: William J. Miller
1959-78 Directories: William & Helen Miller 
1980 Directory: "      (Sold 1980)
1982-2003 Directories: Mark L. & Anne Woolsey 
2004-05 Directory: "      (Sold 2004)
2006-07 Directory: "
2008-12 Directories: Drake & April Stimson