Old Version

General Information

No:  159
Street:   Wrenwood
Name:  null
Family:  Rugh
Historic Plaque:  null
Owner Info:  Y
Built:   1955
Sec  29
Sub  Terrace Hills
Lot:  30
Architect:  John F. Rugh
Cont/Build:  John F. Rugh

#Owners:  1
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:   1957 - pool. 1965 - patio enclosed into porch. 1978 - porch changed to all season room. 1970 - back yard walled in and large patio designed (back yard very private with extensive landscaping and very little grass). 1988 - gazebo. (all by the Rughs)


Current Owner: John F. & Ruth M. Rugh Date Fr: 1953 Date To: 
Original: John F. & Ruth M. Rugh Date Fr: 1953 Date To: 
1:  Date Fr 1:  Date To 1: 
2:  Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
3:  Date Fr 3:  Date To 3: 
4:  Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 
5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  1975


Story 1   John Rugh was selling flooring to builder Mosman who owned this lot and persuaded the Rughs to buy here rather than in Mariemont where they were looking. House designed to give a separate section to John's mother (living room, small kitchen, bedroom and bath). She had access to her area by an outside entrance and also to the patio/porch. After 10 years this became a family room and bar.
Story 2   Wayne Realty, owned by the Juveniles, Ralph & Freida, who were father & daughter, were the developers along with Kramer of the whole Wrenwood area. Charlie Rose (father of Ralph's wife) under Wayne built about 80% of the homes. Other builders were Wunker (Marilyn Julnes' father), Mosman. and a lady who built on the west side of the circle.(Information from John and Ruth Rugh.)
Story 3   Ruth Rugh - president TP Garden Club 1962-66  Ruth Mary Rugh died April 28, 2019 aged 92 years.   


1959-60 Directories: John F. & Ruth Rugh & Lillian T. Rugh (John

1962-2017 Directories: John F. & Ruth Fugh