Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  143
Street:  Wrenwood
Name:  N
Family:  SOLD
Historic Plaque:  N
Owner Info:  Y
Built:   1955
Sec  29
Sub  Terrace Hills
Lot:  22
Architect:  
Cont/Build:  Charlie Rose (Wayne Realty)

Description:  Was a simple 1 story brick & siding Ranch, now with an added 2nd story, gable roof: 11 rooms, 5 bed rooms, 3 baths, volume ceilings and skylights.
#Owners:  8F
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:  1993 - permit for the Schneiders to add a 2nd floor (John Grier, architect; H. Clasgow Construction). 3 remodelings by the Schneiders - covered porch became music/library; bumped out for a new eating room; added 1,100 square feet for 2nd floor and deck. Phil Schneider is related to the Milford Gatch family (Ann Gatch at 635 Valley View & 602 Miami) by marriage through the Avril family (Diana Newton Gatch married Thomas Avril).


Owners:

Current Owner: Patrick Dougherty (via Getz) (moved from 115 Wrenwood) Date Fr: 2004 Date To: 
Original: William C. Jr. & Helen S. Spohn Date Fr: 1956 Date To: 1958
1: Raymond F. & Blanche P. Morrison Date Fr 1: 1958 Date To 1: 1962
2: James & Myrna Newport Date Fr 2: 1962 Date To 2: 1964
3: Norman N. & Helen G. Stout  Date Fr 3: 1964 Date To 3: 1977
4: Sherman E. Unger (later Peter & C. E.) Date Fr 4: 1977 Date To 4: 1986
5: Philip & Kathy Tully Schneider Date Fr 5: 1986 Date To 5: 1997
6: Barbara L. & Greg Kapela Date Fr 6: 1997 Date To 6: 2004
7: Bank of New York Tr. Date Fr 7: 2004 Date To 7: 2004
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  1975


Stories

Story 1   [???The abattoir and smithy of the Robinson Circus were in the present back yard. The cistern and some foundations are there along with the elephant wall of which Terrace Park Historical Society has a picture. ???] Actually according to the Robinson Circus plan of the buildings and the overlaid modern day map, directly behind this house were Wild Swine, Pelicans, Water Fowl and Ibex. Herbivores were to one side and Cape Buffalo & Camels to the other. The open sided Wagon Shed was right in front of this house.


Directories:

1960 Directory: Ray F. & Blanche Morrison

1962-63 Direct: James R. & Myrna Newpart

1965-68 Directories: Norman & Helen Stout

1969-70 Direct: '' (James & Ann Correll from Cincinnati 1969)

1971-76 Directories: ''

1978-84 Directories: P. T. & Polly Unger

1986 Directory: ---- (Sold 1986)

1988-97 Directories: Phil & Kathy Schneider

1998-2003 Direct: Gregory & Barbara Kapela

2004-05 Direct: (Sold 2004)

2006-12 Directories: Patrick & Julie Dougherty

2015 Directory: Dougherty, Patrick and Julie

2017 Directory: ,