<- Back

406 Western

Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:   406  
Street:   Western  
Name:   N  
Family:   Randall  
Historic Plaque:   N  
Owner Info:   N  
Built:   1931  
Sec:   29  
Subdivision:   Eveland  
Lot:   1-2  
Architect:     
Cont/build:   Miles & Harry Eveland  

Description:   2 story frame Traditional, steep gable roof: 8 rooms, 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths.  
Owners:   10  
Original Use:   Commercial & Residential  
Current Use:   Residential  

CHANGES:
As Built:   N  
Added To:   Y  
Subtracted From:   N  
Replaced:   N  

Description Of Changes:   2007 - permit for Petty to increase size of kitchen, family room, master bedroom (Arcanum/Evans/Fletcher). 2010 permit for Addition/Remodel by Fletcher Homes for Petty.  


Owners:

Current Owner: Michelle Renee & John Patrick Randall Date Fr: 2013 Date To: 
Original: Harry H. Eveland Date Fr: 1931 Date To: 1941
1: A. P. & Mattie L. Basinger Date Fr 1: 1941 Date To 1: 1960
2: Dr. Basinger & Pat Patterson Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
3: Paul J. Pschesang & Archie W. Beckner Date Fr 3: 1960 Date To 3: 
4: Barbara L & David M. McDonald Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 1987
5: David P. & Sara K. Osborn (just David in 1990) Date Fr 5: 1987 Date To 5: 1995
6: Todd & Mary Ann Straley Date Fr 6: 1995 Date To 6: 1999
7: Jeffrey "Jeff" & Sarah H. Dunning Date Fr 7: 1999 Date To 7: 2005
8: Travis J. & Alison E. Petty Date Fr 8: 2005 Date To 8: 2013


: Adam P. & Mattie L. Basinger (lived at 625 Elm) Lots 1&2 Evelands 1975


Stories:

Story 1: From Liza Brown with Marilyn Julnes: Built in the late 1920s (?) by Miles & Harry Eveland. Dr. Basinger & Pat Patterson lived there. Pat Patterson was a very popular and wonderful coach at the High School when Liza Brown went there (graduated in 1938). Perhaps he rented from the Basingers while Dr. Basinger had his office downstairs and lived at 625 Elm. The Basingers bought 625 Elm in 1945.

Story 2: Long time Doctor's and then Dentist's office. It was finally voted that there could not be a commercial office in this zone even though it had been so used for many years. By that time the property was just a medical office with no one living upstairs as had been the case earlier.

Story 3: Maurine Jeannette Basinger came to Terrace Park School for the 1943-44 school year. She graduated in 1945. Underneath her year book picture it gives this information. (From Susan Heil Abernethy Frank) It looks as if the family lived at this address at that time and then moved to 625 Elm in 1945.



Directories:

1939 Map: Basinger (lived at 625 Elm 1945-59)

1942 Map: Basinger (lived at 625 Elm 1945-59)

1951/3 Map: A. P. Basinger M. D. & Bush (renter?)

1959-60 Directories: Archie & Jeanett Ernst (renters?)

1962-64 Directories: Dr. Paul Pschesang

1965-66 Direct:

1973-84 Directories: Pschesang Dental Office

1986 Directory: ---- (Sold 1985) (Sold 1987)

1988-93 Directories: David & Sara Osborn

1994-95 Direct: (moved to Lexington???) (Sold 1995)

1996-97 Direct: Todd & Mary Ann Straley

1998-99 Direct: (Sold 1999)

2000-03 Directories: Jeff & Sarah Dunning

2004-05 Direct: (moved to 404 Stanton) (Sold 2005)

2006-12 Directories: Travis & Alison Petty

2015-2019 Directories: J.R. Randall and Michelle