Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  1(or 3?
Street:   Stumps Lane
Name:  The Stumps Boat Club
Family:  Stumps Boat Club
Historic Plaque:  null
Owner Info:  N
Built:  N
Sec  28
Sub  null
Lot:  null
Architect:  G. C. Burroughs & John H. Deeken
Cont/Build:  null

Description:  
#Owners:  null
Original Use:  Boat Club
Current Use:  Club House

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  Y

Changes Description:   The present building replaces several earlier Club Houses for Stumps.


Owners:

Current Owner: Stumps Boat Club Date Fr: 1907 Date To: 
Original: Thomas Biggs to William Hooper to Frederick Rimpler Date Fr: 1890 Date To: 1894
1: Henry Rimpler Date Fr 1: 1894 Date To 1: 1907
2:  Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
3:  Date Fr 3:  Date To 3: 
4:  Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 
5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  1975


Stories

Story 1   Possibilities - did it start as early as 1886? 1st building may have been built as early as 1898. It was destroyed by floods or fire in 1907 and a 2nd Club House built. It was destroyed in 1917, rebuilt and destroyed in 1920, when another one was built.
Story 2   According to Steve Holmes at the TP Historical Society event at Stumps, 9 April 2016, Stumps started in 1883 probably by sons of members of the earlier Pillars Club. There's more information about Stumps and the Pillars at the TP Historical Society. Looking at the deeds, Stumps must have rented the land or made some arrangement to use it before they bought it in 1907.


Directories:

1939 Map: Map does not cover area

1942 Map: Stumps Boat Club

1951/3 Map: Stumps Boat Club

1986-2003 Directories: Stumps Boat Club

2004-07 Directories: Ed Hagins (listed at 3 Stumps Lane - caretaker?)

2008-09 Direct: & Stumps Boat Club

2011-12 Directories: Stumps Boat Club