327 Rugby Avenue
PhotosLegacy VersionGeneral Information
No: 327
Street: Rugby
House Name:
Historic Plaque:
Owner Info: Y
Built: 1952
Sec: 23
Subdivision: Sibley
Lot: 54-55
Architect:
Cont/build: Thorman Brothers (local)
Description:
Was originally a simple post World War II pre-cut
1 story Ranch with 3 bedrooms, 1 bath
and detached garage. Wood siding. A #10 Pease Woodwork Co. model.
Now 4 bedrooms & 3 baths.
Owners: 1
Original Use: Residential
Current Use: Residential
CHANGES:
As Built: N
Added To: Y
Subtracted From: N
Replaced: N
Description Of Changes: 1960s - added a screen porch, family room, 4th bedroom and 2 more baths. 1966 - 18' x 20' addition to the rear for a bed room and half bath (Ronald E. Hughes, contractor). (Is this all the same addition?)
Stories:
Story 1: Village Views article (December 1972) about Pat Henley in House File. Tracker article about Pat, Spring 2008. It was Pat Henley's idea (perhaps along with others) in 1995 that led to the Terrace Park Woman's Club's Building Survey of Terrace Park.Story 2: Jan Watkins reminds us that she worked with Pat, and others, in the early 70s to 'preserve' the land that became known as the Wilderness Preserve. ...[Pat] is indeed a talented, intelligent, and pleasant person who has served the community well over the years!
Story 3: Robert Arleigh Henley died 16 May at age 90. He will be remembered no doubt for many things but perhaps especially for his candy making. Pat was born 11 June 1924 and died 24 August 2018, aged 95 years. There will be a gathering at the Community House in her honor: 11 November, 2018, 3-5PM. Pat was one of the early women on Terrace Park Council and did a lot of volunteer jobs for Terrace Park over their long years as Terrace Park residents.