Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  115
Street:   Red Bird
Name:  Solomon Moore House
Family:  Blang
Historic Plaque:  null
Owner Info:  Y
Built:  N
Sec  29
Sub  Baysore Meadows
Lot:  18, 19
Architect:  null
Cont/Build:  null

Description:  
#Owners:  2F
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:   1956 - the west wing was added during the original remodeling. 1969/70 - north wing added: 2 story addition for a family room and bedroom (Frank D. Watkins, Jr.). 2005 permit for England to add & remodel - number of bedrooms not increased. Arcanum, architect. Fletcher Home, contractor.


Owners:

Current Owner: Joy R. Blang Date Fr: 2012 Date To: 
Original: Solomon Moore  - Salina Stabler (see census records 1820-1930) Date Fr: 1855 & earlier Date To: 
1: Charles L. Baysore (still Moore family - see deeds) Date Fr 1: 1930 Date To 1: 1953
2: Jack H. Fuller - Montauk Builders Date Fr 2: 1953 Date To 2: 
3: Strathman (see deeds) Date Fr 3: Date To 3: 
4: John H. Garber (for rental) (see deeds) Date Fr 4: Date To 4:
5: Frank C. Jr. & Janet W. Watkins Date Fr 5: 1969 Date To 4: 2005
6: John S. & Barbara J. England Date Fr 6: 2005 Date To 5: 2012
7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 6: 
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 7: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 8: 
10: Date Fr 10:   1975


Stories

Story 1   Samuel Moore and his wife journeyed from West Virginia and built the 2 story brick house at the lower end of Given Road, opposite the Fresh Air Farm. There they lived with their 6 children. After the death of Mrs. Moore (Rebecca), Samuel married Mary Ferris Bickley, a widow with 6 children. They had 3 children which made a total of 15 children. (From Hither and Yon on Indian Hill - but some things in here appear to be wrong: It's Solomon rather than Samuel and Ann rather than Mary, 2nd wife.)
Story 2   The original front of the house was on the east, now a window. This entrance was across the creek from Given Road. One can still see the remnants of the old gravel driveway. Jan Watkins in 2002 tells us, The fireplace, mantle and side cabinets in the living room are original as is the smaller fireplace and mantle in the bedroom above.
Story 3   John Garber, realtor, bought the original farm house and surrounding acreage from the Baysores. He remodeled the farm house which had no plumbing or modern heating system. The remodeling plans were drawn by G. E. Porter, architect. In the mid 1950s he put it on the market at a fairly high price so it didn't sell. It was rented until the Watkins bought it in 1969. The surrounding acreage was used to develop Red Bird Lane. The street was named Baysore Lane but realtor Max Palm who lived at #109 didn't like the name and was instrumental in getting it changed to Red Bird Lane. 115 Red Bird was originally part of Indian Hill so the mail carrier was from Indian Hill.
Story 4   Baysore Meadows Subdivision was owned by Jack Fuller (or perhaps it's more accurate to say Montauk Builders. According to information in the Deeds Index, Montauk builders was a partnership between Jack H. Fuller, George E. Porter, Jr. and G. F. Strathman). He put in the street: Baysore Lane. It was dedicated in 1956 (source unknown but in Esther Power's handwriting).
Story 5   Jan Watkins writes, I worked with Pat [Henley], and others, in the early 70s to 'preserve' the land that became known as the Wilderness Preserve [later Miami Grove Nature Preserve], and later on as a volunteer at Cincinnati Nature Center where I was a staff member.
Story 6   This house is on the 17 October 2010 TP Historical Society House Tour, The White House Tour. Barbara Jane and John England - 115 Red Bird Lane. This American Farm House, circa 1830, was originally part of a 425-acre parcel in Indian Hill. Early entrance to the homestead was gained from Given Road by crossing a creek. Access was simplified in the 1950s when Red Bird Lane was constructed. Over the centuries, the modest home that is said to have once housed 15 children has been transformed into an elegant dwelling.
Story 7   Frank Daniel Watkins was born January 23, 1928 and died September 26, 2010 Craver Riggs Funeral Home.


Directories:

1939 Map: Baysore

1942 Map: Baysore

1951/3 Map: Mrs. Margaret Baysore (on Given Road)

1962-64 Directories: Harry Page & Winnie Bucher (renters?)

1965-66 Direct: (Harry P. Bucher died December 5, 1966)

1967-70 Directories: Mrs. Harry (Winnie) Bucher

1971-2003 Directories: Dan & Jan Watkins

2004-05 Direct: (Sold 2005)

2006-12 Directories: John & Barbara Jane England