Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  303
Street:  Oxford
Name:  N
Family:  SOLD
Historic Plaque:  N
Owner Info:  N
Built:  1896/7
Sec  23
Sub  Sibley
Lot:  10-11, pt 9
Architect:  Architect: Bruce Goetzman). This was the first change to the original footprint of the house.
Cont/Build:  

Description:  1 1/2 story remodeled Victorian cottage, siding, gable roof. (See Changes.)
#Owners:  10?
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:  This home was originally planned to be used as a one story home with all its quite small rooms on the ground floor and a center hallway from the front to the back of the house for air circulation.To the left of the center hallway were a living room, dining room, kitchen (bathroom added in one corner with doors to porch, hallway and kitchen so it was a very busy place) and an open back porch. There were fireplaces back to back in the living and dining rooms. Stairs to the unfinished 2nd floor went up from the kitchen. To the right of that hallway were 3 bedrooms. After World War II a major renovation combined some of the downstairs rooms into larger rooms and made use of the upstairs for 3 bedrooms. An open staircase was also added since the former entrance to the attic was hidden in the wall. (Information and plans by Helen Barnett in the Oxford house folder.) 1999 - Scott Santi made a 2 story addition for a family room, bedroom and bath (Architect: Bruce Goetzman). This was the first change to the original footprint of the house.


Owners:

Current Owner: John B. & Maria L. Pidcock Date Fr: 2003 Date To: 
Original: L. H. Gerhold (land only?) Date Fr:  Date To: 1884
1: Louise H.  & Mary Gerhold (Lot 9) Date Fr 1: 1886 Date To 1: 1912
2: Samuel F. & Aramita E. Baker (Lots 10 & 11)(Probably 1st resident) Date Fr 2: 1894 Date To 2: 1906
3: Eskiom Phillips (Lots 10 & 11) Date Fr 3: 1906 Date To 3: 1909
4: Frank & Helen Rothenhoefer (Lots 10 & 11) Date Fr 4: 1909 Date To 4: 1922
5: Frank & Helen Rothenhoefer (Lot 9) Date Fr 5: 1912 Date To 5: 1922
6: Harry C. King (& Mary Ellis King) Date Fr 6: 1922 Date To 6: 1925
7: Franklin W. Wood Date Fr 7: 1925 Date To 7: 1926
8: Ruth Halvorson Date Fr 8: 1926 Date To 8: 1943
9: Elmo T. & B. J. Calvert Date Fr 9: 1943 Date To 9: 1976
10: Mary M. Harrison Date Fr 10: 1976 Date To 10: 1995
11: Ernest Scott & Nancy S. Santi Date Fr 11: 1995 Date To 11: 2003
12: Sirva Relocation Llc. Date Fr 12: 2003 Date To 12: 2003
13: Date Fr 13: Date To 13:
14: Date Fr 14: Date To 14: 1975


Stories

Story 1   1909 Williams' Hamilton County Directory: S. F. Baker (Minta E.) listed as clerk. Thus the Bakers must have been living here still in 1909 although the deeds would indicate something different.
Story 2   Mrs. King taught piano and was the music teacher at Terrace Park School for 18 years. More information about the family at 614 Floral.
Story 3   Mrs. Halvorson was the 1st Home Economics teacher at Terrace Park School. She had two children, a boy and a girl Dotty. Dotty was a red head like her father.
Story 4   Helen Barnett's mother remembers going to a dance in the open 2nd floor of this house.
Story 5   Buck & B. J. Calvert lived here briefly before Buck left to serve in the Army in the 1940s. During that period Helen Muldoon and her husband lived there. Helen had been a TPHS student and resident of Mariemont. After the war B. J. & Buck returned to the house and had the remodeling of the 1940s done. They stayed there over 30 years. Their children were Tim & Cindy. B. J. Calvert was a long time friend and class mate of Helen Barnett's and actually introduced Helen to her husband-to-be Lowell Barnett.
Story 6   This home was on the 2002 Heritage House Tour.
Story 7   C. L. Lingy Harrison and Mary Molly Maish Harrison 1976-1995. Brother and sister of Lingy Harrison = brother R. S. Dick Harrison (wife Ann) and sister Pris Harrison Connell (831 Indian Hill Road). Molly Harrison's brother was Jerry Maish (wife Lucy) (735 Park).Harrison article in the TP Historical Society archives.


Directories:

1939 Map: Halvorson

1942 Map: MacEwen

1951/3 Map: E. T. Calvert (Mrs. E. T. Calvert: one of the Havemann daughters at 313 Oxford)

1959-64 Directories: E. T. Buck & B. J. Calvert

1965-74 Directories:

1975-76 Direct:

1978-95 Directories: C. L III & Molly Harrison

1996-2001 Directories: Scott & Nancy Santi

2002-03 Direct: (sold 2003)

2004-12 Directories: John & Maria Pidcock

2004-17 Directories John & Maria Pidcock


2015 Directory: Pidcock, John and Maria

2017 Directory: Pidcock, John and Maria