Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  732
Street:  Miami
Name:  N
Family:  Pitstick
Historic Plaque:  2008
Owner Info:  Y
Built:  1910
Sec  22
Sub  Sibley
Lot:  63-68
Architect:  
Cont/Build:  

Description:  2 story, shingle, hip & gable roof. (Originally had open porches - now enclosed.) In 2003 - 5 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths - light open spaces, high ceilings, large windows.
#Owners:  8F
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:  The original 8' wide open porches on 3 sides are now enclosed with 13 big picture windows. 1965 - the Gallaghers finished the upstairs for 2 enlarged bedrooms. 1972 - Elizabeth Gallagher built an exterior garage and tool shed on the north west corner of the lot. 1985 - replaced the windows. 2001 - new drive from Miami to 732. Add street parking space. 2008 permit to Si Pitstick for alterations (Dean Forster, architect, JA Smith Construction, contractor).


Owners:

Current Owner: Si A. & Laura H. Pitstick Date Fr: 2007 Date To: 
Original: Krusling family  (see deeds throughout) Date Fr: 1906 Date To: 1920
1: Florence G. Kidney (1st husband) Date Fr 1: 1920 Date To 1: 
2: Stephen & Florence Gooder Gerard (2nd husband) Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 1928
3: Gallagher family Date Fr 3: 1928 Date To 3: 1984
4: D. Ann Runyon McKibben Date Fr 4: 1984 Date To 4: 1989
5: Margaret "Mogie" S. Harrison (& Henry) Date Fr 5: 1989 Date To 5: 1999
6: Dennis & Luigina Doris Vecchione-Curran Date Fr 6: 1999 Date To 6: 2001
7: Jeffrey & Angela Lemay Date Fr 7: 2001 Date To 7: 2007
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9: Date Fr 9: Date To 9:
10: Date Fr 10: Date To 10: 1975


Stories

Story 1   Esther Power had a conversation with the Reverend Janes Krusling at Sem Haven in May, 1992. He must have lived here as a boy. He told Esther that the Meurers lived across the street and another artist (Traxel) also lived on Miami. R. K. Le Blond lived nearby. James Krusling walked to church in Milford with 10 pennies in his pocket for the collection plate. The Grocery Store would give him a piece of candy if he bought something. The Terrace Park School let the children out to lead Robinson Circus ponies and horses off the railroad car. James did it for 2 years. He also watched Circus rehearsals.
Story 2   According to folklore the Robinson Circus acrobats practiced on the open wide porches.
Story 3   The Gerards with their 2 daughters Mary and Nancy moved from here to the Cleveland OH area. He (Stephen Gerard) was with Champion Paper. The mother was Grenville Gooder's (725 Yale) older sister Florence. As children the Gerard girls attended Chipawa Trail Camp on Elk Lake in Michigan. Their mother was a counselor there and perhaps eventually assistant director.
Story 4   Estella Gallagher was born 29 March 1873 and died 7 February 1968, aged 94 years. Hugh Gallagher was born 20 October 1904 and died 1 July 1965, aged 60 years. Both are buried in Section 22 of Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH, Monroe-Copher Funeral Home. Elizabeth Gallagher died March 23, 1982.


Directories:

1939 Map: Mimick

1942 Map: Gallagher

1951/3 Map: Hugh Gallagher? (also shown as 200 Stanton)

1959-60 Directories: Hugh & Estelle Gallagher (must be son & mother?)

1962-66 Directories: Hugh & Elizabeth Gallagher

1967-80 Directories: Mrs. Hugh (Elizabeth) Gallagher

1982 Directory: -----

1984-86 Directories: Earl & DeAnn Silva

1988 Directory: '' & D. R. McKibben (Sold 1989)

1990-91 Direct: ----

1992-95 Directories: Henry & Mogie Harrison

1996-97 Direct: '' (moved to 3 Given Lane)

1998-99 Direct: ---- (Sold 1999)

2000-01 Direct: Sean & Gina Curran (Sold 2001)

2002-03 Direct: Jeff & Angela Lemay (moved to 707 Floral)

2004-05 Direct: Scott Bailey

2006-07 Direct: Fabrice Quested & Tina Malm (Sold 2007)

2008-12 Directories: Si & Laura Pitstick

2015 Directory: Pitstick, Si and Laura

2017 Directory: Pitstick, Si and Laura