Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  721
Street:  Lexington
Name:  Fitzsimmons House
Family:  
Historic Plaque:  2008
Owner Info:  N
Built:  1908
Sec  22
Sub  Sibley
Lot:  28-31
Architect:  Architect: Temo Inc.). 2014 - Tim & Christy Hampton added a patio & fire pit in their back yard (Lawnscapers Inc.)
Cont/Build:  

Description:  2 1/2 story Victorian, siding, gable roof.
#Owners:  11F
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:  1971 - John Morgan added a 15'4 x 18 den. 1974 - John Morgan added a tool shed. 1979 removed the family room and added a family room and bed room (Joan Morgan later Annan). 1993 - permit for Joan E. Annan to demolish the old garage and add a 2 car garage with work and storage areas (Kevan McKay, contractor). 1998 - Annans added a new deck and sun room, removed the old deck and added a 3 season no conditioned air Luxury Room (Contractor: Patio Rooms of America; Architect: Temo Inc.). 2014 - Tim & Christy Hampton added a patio & fire pit in their back yard (Lawnscapers Inc.)


Owners:

Current Owner: Tim & Christy Hampton Date Fr: 2014 Date To: 
Original: James R. Fitzsimmons Date Fr: 1908 Date To: 1920
1: Joseph Bosh Jr.   Date Fr 1: 1920 Date To 1: 1928
2: Eleanor K. Berens (for rental) Date Fr 2: 1928 Date To 2: 1934
3: Hudson Biery Date Fr 3: 1934 Date To 3: 1949
4: Jane C. Sherman Date Fr 4: 1949 Date To 4: 1953
5: John F. & Grace H. Martin Date Fr 5: 1953 Date To 5: 1955
6: John F. Martin Date Fr 6: 1955 Date To 6: 1955
7: Harriet & Alfred Plimmer Date Fr 7: 1955 Date To 7: 1956
8: John M. Williams Date Fr 8: 1956 Date To 8: 1962
9: John J. & Muriel Alice Conway Date Fr 9: 1962 Date To 9: 1967
10: Harold H. & Marilyn Hall Date Fr 10: 1967 Date To 10: 1969
11: Dr. John A. & Joan E. Morgan Date Fr 11: 1969 Date To 11: 1971
12: Joan E. Morgan (Joan Annan by 1994).  Date Fr 12: 1971 Date To 12: 2014
13: Date Fr. 13: Date To 13:
14: Date Fr. 14: Date To 14: 1975


Stories

Story 1   See story 2 at 206 Stanton. The 1949 dates cannot be right (???) according to the Proctors who say the Bierys lived here while their 206 Stanton house was being made into a 1 family home to sell.
Story 2   Thomas Sherman, who was about 7 years old when they moved away from Terrace Park, stopped by on August 12, 2002. He is now 57 years old.Annans have his card and will stay in touch, trying to gather more information.
Story 3   This house was bought by the Berens family (509 Marietta) in the 1920s for rental. One of the renters was the Biery family. Father Cyprian Berens says the bank foreclosed on both their houses in 1937 so perhaps that's when the Bierys bought it.
Story 4   From the deeds, it looks as if James Fitzsimmons died in 1920 and his wife, Anna, sold the house in February to Joseph Bosh Jr. The 1920 census finds Anna with 3 daughters (Katherine 10, Elizabeth 9 and Margaret 5 yrs. & 6 mos.) living in Milford on Miami Street with her Irish mother who is taking in laundry.
Story 5   This home of Joni Morgan was on the 1984 December 9 Poinsettia Parade TP Garden Club House Tour. It was a Sunday, homes were open from 3-7 PM and advance tickets were $3, $3.50 on the day. Proceeds were used for village beautification. The Community House was open for Refreshments, Poinsettia Sale, Tour Tickets and Cook Books.
Story 6   Edward Gerard Annan was born 13 September 1939 and died 23 December 2007, aged 68 years, buried in St. Thomas Columbarium, Section 7, Niche 207, Craver Riggs Funeral Home.


Directories:

1939 Map: Biery

1942 Map: Biery

1951/3 Map: John N. Sherman

1959-63 Directories: John & Ruth Williams

1963-66 Directories: Jack & Muriel Conway

1967-68 Direct: Harold & Marilyn Hall (moved from 603 Floral)

1971-93 Directories: Dr. John & Joan Morgan (1969 from Pittsburgh)

1994-2003 Directories: Ed & Joni Morgan Annan

2004-07 Direct: Ed & Joni Annan

2008-12 Directories: Joni Annan

2015 Directory: Hampton, Tim and Christy

2017 Directory: Hampton, Tim and Christy