Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  332
Street:   Harvard
Name:  null
Family:  Ziegler
Historic Plaque:  null
Owner Info:  Y
Built:   1938
Sec  23
Sub  Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City
Lot:  110
Architect:  null
Cont/Build:  null

Description:  
#Owners:  null
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:   1962 - Malmsbergers added a frame family room (not mentioned as such in real estate write up after 1990), bed and bath rooms to the rear. 1990 - Powers did extensive remodeling. They opened up the inside with cathedral ceilings, exposed beams and a skylight in one bathroom. Outside they built a 29 ft. deck and extended the kitchen wall out 5 ft. on the west side of the house. The cedar front of the house is highlighted by fish scale shakes, a large Palladian window and a changed front door and step. 2006 Lazarus/Barnes permit to add & remodel - add 2nd floor to existing 1st story structure (Drackett-Harth, Nevine Noujaim, architect. 2007 - Extensive remodeling including removing much of the front of the house but retaining the fireplace.Adding a 2nd floor, and loft, as well as moving the screened in porch into the interior of the house. We have plans the keep the 'charm' (the original fireplace and the Palladian window up front [actually there was no such window in the original house - see picture]) stay in the footprint, but enlarge the home. ... interested in maintaining as much of the character of the house as possible, but also presenting a home more suitable to Terrace Park (information from Ann Lazarus-Barnes).


Owners:

Current Owner: David M. & Elizabeth H. Ziegler Date Fr: 2013 Date To: 
Original: Clara S. E. Graul to Penelope Mussey  Date Fr: 1937 Date To: 1937
1: Daniel Hughes; to Lucile Hughes in 1940 Date Fr 1: 1937 Date To 1: 1956
2: Rubie S. Helt Date Fr 2: 1956 Date To 2: 1960
3: Kenneth B. & Dawn C. Malsberger Date Fr 3: 1960 Date To 3: 1966
4: Robert L. & Lynn J. Davison Date Fr 4: 1966 Date To 4: 1969
5: Richard M. & Helen L. Smith Date Fr 5: 1969 Date To 5: 1986
6: Anthony M. & Holly F. F. Power Date Fr 6: 1986 Date To 6: 1992
7: Jeffrey L & Justine Bruner Date Fr 7: 1992 Date To 7: 1997
8: Richard F. Kezer (father of Ann Lazarus-Barnes)  Date Fr 8: 1997 Date To 8: 1998
9: Ann K. Lazarus-Barnes (when sold name changed to just Lazarus) Date Fr 9: 1998 Date To 9: 2013
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  1975


Stories

Story 1   Holly Power believes the house was originally a Sears house - small with four gables. Virgil Fender disagrees. Probably not Sears as no documentation to believe it is.Holly is a daughter of Esther Power.
Story 2   Francis Eiger gave piano lessons as did also Mrs. John Kortheuer
Story 3   In 1976 the Terrace Park tree nursery was next to this house.
Story 4   Robert L. Davison was born in 1940 and died in 1983, buried in St. Thomas Church Columbarium, Section 8, Niche 238.


Directories:

1939 Map: Hoffman

1942 Map: Hoffman

1951/3 Map: Louis E. (Francis) Eigher (Eighers also at 326 Harvard)

1959 Directory: John & Nancy Kortheuer (she was a piano teacher)

1962-66 Directories: Kenneth & Dawn Malsberger

1967-68 Direct: Robert & Lynn Davison

1969-70 Direct: Richard & Leonene Smith

1971-72 Direct: Richard & Leonene Smith & Cathy L. Smith

1973-80 Directories: '' & Helen M. Haas ''

1982-86 Directories:

1988-91 Directories: Anthony & Holly Power

1992-97 Directories: Jeff & Justine Bruner

1998-2003 Directories: Ann Lazarus

2004-12 Directories: Ann Lazarus & Gary Barnes

2015 Directory: David & Liz Ziegler

2015 Directory: Ziegler, David and Liz

2017 Directory: Ziegler, David and Liz