Old Version

General Information

No:  305
Street:  Harvard
Name:  N
Family:  Compton/Kahn
Historic Plaque:  2008
Owner Info:  N
Built:  1914
Sec  23
Sub  Sibley
Lot:  138, pt 137

Description:  2 story, stucco & siding, expanded four-square, hip & gable roof.
#Owners:  7
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  Y
Replace:  N

Changes Description:  Very extensive remodeling for the Pardues in 1996 including moving the driveway to the east end of Amherst. Many pictures in the file of the remake of the house. 1998 - removed existing shed and built 2 car detached garage at the back of the lot. Both 1996 and 1998 by Charles S. Keffer, builder and RWA, architect.


Current Owner: Joseph C. Compton & Kathryn R. Kahn Date Fr: 2016 Date Toc: 
Original: James W. Sibley to Anna G. Burt in 1888; to Sallie S.(G?) Robertson in 1890; to Anne N. Hartdegen  Date Fr: 1917 Date To: 1934
1: Lloyd - Anna West 1934 [233] Date Fr 1: 1934 Date To 1: 
2: Lloyd - Henrietta S. 1927 [234]  ??? Ann W. et al Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
3: Maude N. Ross Date Fr 3:  Date To 3: 1957
4: Thomas C. & Suzanne R. Collins Date Fr 4: 1957 Date To 4: 1964
5: Donald W. & Marjorie H. Van Meter Date Fr 5: 1964 Date To 5: 1985
6: Terry B. & Ann M. Pardue Date Fr 6: 1985 Date To 6: 2014
7: Lisa H. & Jeffrey E. Hoberg Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 2016
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  1975


Story 1   A very interesting story from Kathy Van Meter-Lathem received January 1, 2004. We were told that the original house, in which we lived, was built by the owners of 311 Harvard for their daughter who was living in England. She agreed to come back to Terrace Park when her father built an exact replica of the home in which she was living in England. It is our understanding that the exposed beams in our living room are some of the original features the Pardues kept with this remodel. Sam Hicks spent many boyhood hours at 305 visiting his Aunt. He was a fellow church member at First Baptist Church Milford who came to visit us and he realized it was his Aunt's former home.This story needs further investigation.
Story 2   Anna West Lloyd was born 11 February 1849 and died 4 June 1942, aged 93 years, buried in Section 12 of Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH, Wiltsee Funeral Home.
Story 3   Mary Annett thought she remembered Sam Ross living here probably in the 1950s. His father was Judge Ross - his mother probably Maud.


1939 Map: Hebble (renter?)

1942 Map: Hebble (renter?)

1951/3 Map: Howard Hebble (renter?) (moved to 717 Lexington)

1959-63 Directories: Tom & Sue Collins

1965-82 Directories: Donald & Marjorie Van Meter

1984 Directory: '' (Sold 1985)

1986-93 Directories: Terry & Ann Pardue

1994-95 Direct: ----

1996-2012 Directories: Terry & Ann Pardue (moved from 411 Cornell?)

2015 Directory: Hoberg, Jeffrey and Lisa

2017 Directory: Compton, Craig and Katie