Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  614
Street:   Floral
Name:  null
Family:  Byers
Historic Plaque:  null
Owner Info:  Y
Built:   1925
Sec  23
Sub  C. R. Stuntz
Lot:  30-31
Architect:  null
Cont/Build:  null

Description:  
#Owners:  4
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  Y
Add To:  N
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:   F


Owners:

Current Owner: Todd & Deidre Byers Date Fr: 2005 Date To: 
Original: Harry E. King (& Mary) Date Fr: 1925 Date To: 1931
1: Voigt & Lucille Proctor  Date Fr 1: 1931 Date T o 1: 1944
2: James Long & Mary E. Chapman Jr. Date Fr 2: 1944 Date To 2: 1973
3: Mary E. Chapman Tr. Date Fr 3: 1973 Date To 3: 2005
4:  Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 
5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  1975


Stories

Story 1   Harry E. King had this house built for his family. His wife's name was Mary Ellis King and she taught piano and was the music teacher at the Terrace Park School for 18 years. She won a prize for writing the school song (Terrace Park we sing to thee, Raise our joyful shouts in glee) and another prize for a city wide music contest. She had studied at the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music. They lived at 401 Stanton while their house was being built. Before that they lived at 303 Oxford and before that in Milford where Joan was born. There were 5 children: Ruth, Harry Ellis Bud, Joan (pronounced Joanne) Jody (now Gambs), Mary Louise and David. From here they moved to Mariemont. Jody went through the 5th grade at Terrace Park School. In Mariemont they lived on Denny Place while another grand home was being built for them on Miami Avenue. It was a big house with pillars. After losing that house to the Depression they moved to Chestunt Street, Park Avenue in Terrace Park (across from Liza Jane Brown, 729 Park?), the corner of Erkenbrecher and Drury in Avondale and then to Resor in Clifton. From there Jody was married. She has moved 33 times in her life and has liked every place, finding that there are wonderful people everywhere. (Jody King Gambs) Jody Gambs died at Marjorie P. Lee Retirement Community 20 August 2011, Eldon A. Good Funeral Home.
Story 2   Stewart Proctor's parents, Voigt and Lucille Proctor, lived here from 1931-1944. Then they moved to 3 places in Milford before moving back to Terrace Park in 1958. Voigt is Stu Proctor's grandmother's maiden name on his father's side.
Story 3   Stewart Proctor says the Chapman family belonged to the Chapman Dairy family. They ran a small dairy on Shawnee Run across from where Park comes in and they delivered milk to Terrace Park customers until the time when milk sold had to be pasteurized.
Story 4   From Village views article September 1998:
Story 5   Lots more information about and from the Chapman family in the Terrace Park Historical Society archives. (See notebook on the Conkling family - 615 Amherst and the store as well as other family connections).


Directories:

1939 Map: Proctor (parents of Stewart Proctor, 701 Miami)

1942 Map: Voigt Proctor

1951/3 Map: James LongChapman Jr.

1959-70 Directories: James L. & Mary Chapman

1971-2003 Directories: Mary E. Chapman

2004-05 Direct: (Sold 2005)

2006-12 Directories: Todd & Diedre Byers

2015 Directory: Byers, Todd and Diedre

2017 Directory: Byers, Todd and Diedre