Old Version
PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  610
Street:   Floral
Name:  null
Family:  null
Historic Plaque:  null
Owner Info:  Y
Built:  N
Sec  23
Sub  C. R. Stuntz
Lot:  28-29
Architect:  null
Cont/Build:  null

Description:  
#Owners:  null
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  Y
Replace:  N

Changes Description:   1962 - Richard B. Thoman enclosed the screen porch. 1970 - Sauters added a 20'x 27'6 addition to the rear for a family room and kitchen but these have since been torn down (see story). 1994 permit to Mark & Diane Donley - additions to renovation of existing single family home including front porch (Alice Emmon, architect; Canham Construction, builders) (see Story 1).


Owners:

Current Owner: Date Fr: 2014 Date To: 
Original: (see deeds) Maude Ross?  Date Fr:  Date To: 1952
1: Sara Jane & A. E. Rickenberger Date Fr 1: 1952 Date To 1: 1957
2: Richard B. Thoman  Date Fr 2: 1957 Date To 2: 1965
3: Raymond L. & Jeanne Moreland Date Fr 3: 1965 Date To 3: 1966
4: James C. & Jill H. Sauter Date Fr 4: 1966 Date To 4: 1987
5: Jeffrey R. & Dana C. Cooper Date Fr 5: 1987 Date To 5: 1990
6: Mark & Diane Donley Date Fr 6: 1990 Date To 6: 2014
7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  1975


Stories

Story 1   It seems somewhat unclear when this house was built. Thom Proctor as a boy at 614 Floral remembers en empty lot for a while next door (610). Perhaps no one lived here at the time of the 1940 Census or perhaps the Lynch family rented here rather than at 606 Floral. Thom in 2013 has no memory of the Lynch family
Story 2   When were Judge Simon Ross & Mrs. Maude Ross divorced? Was this house built for Mrs. Ross at the time of their divorce or for both earlier? (See 300 Rugby)
Story 3   The house had already been renovated twice when the Donleys bought it in 1990. The original kitchen became a mud room and the long, narrow kitchen and family room were added. The screen porch became a study. The upstairs sloped roof master bedroom and bath were also added. The Donleys lived in the house four years studying problem areas and ideas they had to make the house fit their life style. They began remodeling in November, 1994. They built a two car garage on the back right of the lot and tore down the right side of the house where the old garage and the sloped roof master bedroom had been. Instead they built a first floor playroom and on the second floor a 4th bedroom, bath and laundry room. They built a master bedroom and bath over the existing family room. They extended the new kitchen 8 feet and tore down the wall between the family room and the kitchen so there's more of a '90s feel of kitchen - eating and family room. The front entry way was opened up and they tore out the existing small powder room. A new powder room is now in a section of what was the existing garage. Upstairs the small bedroom is now a hall and bath. The front porch was also added. (Many renovation pictures are available if we want to make copies.) (Screen porch?)


Directories:

1939 Map: (line but no name)

1942 Map: Mrs. Maude Ross (see 300 Rugby)

1951/3 Map: Mrs. Maud Ross

1959-64 Directories: Richard & Barbara Thoman

1965-66 Direct: Ray & Jeanne Moreland

1967-84 Directories: James & Jill Sauter

1986 Directory: (later at 9 Denison which they built) (Sold 1987)

1988 Directory: Jeff & Dana Cooper

1990-91 Direct: (Sold 1990)

1992-2012 Directories: Mark & Diane Donley

2015 Directory: Noone, David and Katherine

2017 Directory: Noone, David and Katherine