PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  718
Street:  Elm
Name:  Log Cabin
Family:  Village of Terrace Park
Historic Plaque:  N
Owner Info:  N
Built:  1936
Sec  
Sub  
Lot:  
Architect:  
Cont/Build:  WPA

Description:  1 story log (utility poles & siding) cabin, gable roof with playing area (basketball) and Lindell Memorial Grove.
#Owners:  
Original Use:  Recreation
Current Use:  Recreation (mainly Boy Scouts)

CHANGES - As Built:  N
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:  1997 permit for Drackett & Harth to build a garage (Architects +). Additions 1983 (cedar siding) & 199?


Owners:

Current Owner: Village of Terrace Park Date Fr:  Date To: 
Original: Village of Terrace Park Date Fr:  Date To:  1975


Stories

Story 1   Lindell Memorial Grove on site. 1978- in memory of former mayor Carl Lindell: mayor 1944-51 and 1964-71.
Story 2   A WPA project. Part of Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal. Village recreation facility but mainly used by Boy Scouts. See pp. 66-67 in A Place Called Terrace Park - material taken from a letter to Ellis Rawnsley from Albert Allison whose idea the log cabin was (see letter in file). See also Village Views Letter to the Editor by Albert W. Allison, September 1977. Also see Log Cabin file in Subject file at TPHS for original Allison letter and more.
Story 3   According to Pat Fehl the Terrace Park Junior Garden Club met in the log cabin in the late 1930s and early 1940s for 2-3 years.


Directories: