PhotosDeeds

General Information

No:  430
Street:   Elm
Name:  An Eveland House
Family:  Chavez
Historic Plaque:  null
Owner Info:  Y
Built:   1925
Sec  29
Sub  Corey
Lot:  Pt 3-4-5 (R2-T5-S29)
Architect:  null
Cont/Build:  Harry Eveland

Description:  
#Owners:  3F
Original Use:  Residential
Current Use:  Residential

CHANGES - As Built:  null
Add To:  Y
Sub From:  N
Replace:  N

Changes Description:   2001 - add & remodel (Hanz Nuetze, architect, Fletcher, construction).


Owners:

Current Owner: Bjorn & Nora Chavez Date Fr: 2016 Date To: 
Original: Harry H. Eveland (died 1983 - property to sons, Clarence & George.  Included whole corner around onto Park) Date Fr: 1924 Date To: 1983
1: Clarence (Red, died 1984) & George Eveland Date Fr 1: 1983 Date To 1: 1984
2: George D. Eveland (Zoned to 3 more lots) Date Fr 2: 1984 Date To 2: 
3: Park Homes (original house + 3 building lots) Date Fr 3:  Date To 3: 1992
4: Paul L. II & Robin U. Pendery Date Fr 4: 1992 Date To 4: 2016
5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10:  Variety of Coreys owned land until sold to George H. Eveland in 1914     1975


Stories

Story 1   1 This home was built by and for Harry Eveland. See 734 Park for more Eveland family information.
Story 2   Harry Eveland owned the Terrace Park Lumber Company located at 500 Elm and what is now Denison, and at one time also Clermont Lumber Company. Harry Eveland died in 1985. Tom, Harry's grandson, lived in the family house until it was sold in 1992 to Paul and Robin Pendrey.
Story 3   Donna Eveland died 24 June 1970/71, buried Evergreen Cemetery, Miami Township OH, Copher Funeral Home.
Story 4   George Dean Eveland was born in Miamiville OH 8 Jun 1925 and died 22 Nov 1993 in Cincinnati OH aged 68 years, 5 months and 14 days. The funeral was 27 Nov 1993 in the Craver-Hookom Chapel, Milford OH. He was buried in Greenlawn Cemetery Milford OH. He was survived by his wife, Anne Braun, Eveland. His late wife was Jeanne Mullen Eveland. Other survivors include sons George D. Eveland, Jr., Thomas Eveland, step-sons Claude and Brian and two grandchildren. The address at the time was 11920 Snider Road. (From Craver Hookom records)
Story 5   The house has a downspout network that goes underground and feeds a water tank with a pump in the back. During a flooding period in the area (1920s-30s) the Eveland's rainwater supply was not unhealthy as all the water mains were, so many people came here to get safe drinking water from the backyard pump. The crank is broken (1996) but the Pendery's are reworking the pump so the water can be used for the garden.


Directories:

1939 Map: Eveland

1942 Map: H. Eveland

1951/3 Map: Harry Eveland

1959-72 Directories: Harry & Donna

1973-84 Directories: Harry Eveland

1986 Directory: -----

1988-91 Directories: Eveland

1992-2015 Directories: Paul & Robin Pendery (moved from 414 Elm)

2017 Directory: Chavez, Bjorn and Nora