Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deed index
No: 601  Street: Yale Name: Amherst
Family: Cambron Owner Info: Y
Built: 1947/8 Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's 3rd BL 16 Lot: 52-53-54 PT55
Architect:  Cont/Build: John & Kay Quist
#Owners: 7 Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
Added a master bedroom with a half bath wing to the south and a screened porch to the north (Wiley).  The Northrops added a full shed dormer across the back in 1968 to finish the 2nd floor with 2 bedrooms, den, hall and bath.  In 1981 they converted the porch to a family room and added the back entrance.
Current Owner: Henry & Miranda Ballard Date Fr: Date To: 
Original Owner: Ley (just land) Date Fr:  Date To: 
Owner 1: John D. & Kathryn S. Quist (see 209 Cambridge, Story 2) Date Fr 1: 1947 Date To 1: 1950
Owner 2: Fred E. & Edith Wiley Date Fr 2: 1950 Date To 2: 1953
Owner 3: Marilyn M. & Walter Budd Mohr Date Fr 3: 1953 Date To 3: 1956
Owner 4: Elizabeth W. S. Reaves Date Fr 4: 1956 Date To 4: 1956
Owner 5: Louis E. & Sue O. Benitez Date Fr 5: 1956 Date To 5: 1961
Owner 6: Robert L. & Joan S. Benoit Date Fr 6: 1961 Date To 6: 1966
Owner 7: Julie B. Northrop (& Ted) Date Fr 7: 1966 Date To 7: 2012
Owner 8: Tracy E. Cambron Date Fr 8: 2012 Date To 8: 
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1958 Owner: Louis E. & Sue O. Benitez.  Lots 52-53-54 Pt 55 Sibley (listed as 601 Amherst on the Auditor's site)
1975 Owner:  Julie B. Northrop
Description: Originally a 1 story brick & siding Cape Cod, gable roof: living room, 2 bed rooms, a kitchen and  bathroom on the 1st floor; unfinished 2nd.  Now expanded with full shed dormer across the back to make a 2nd floor and 1st floor wing addition.  No garage.

From 2011 for sale notice: 12 rooms.  "Classic brick 4 bd, 3 ba home located in the heart of the village.  Character & charm.  1st floor master.  Hardwood floors.  2 fireplaces.  Brick patio.  Eat in Kitchen.  Family room & rec rm.  Storage shed.  Almost 2800 sq ft on 1.5 story...Much larger than it looks.  Same owner for 45 yrs... Basememt can be finished."

Story 1: Sunday, March 6, 1949 Cincinnati Enquirer Pictorial Magazine article with pictures featuring the original house and the Quists (in the file).
Story 2: This home of Mr. & Mrs. (Sue) Luis E. Benitez was on the December 18, 1959 TP Garden Club House Tour, "Holiday Houses in the Park".  This was a Friday, advance tickets were $1 but $1.25 on the day, and the homes were open from 1:30-4 and 7-9 PM. 
Story 3: See e-mail from Hal Northrop in the Terrace Park Historical Society archives.
Story 4: People from the Wiley and the Reaves families have come back to visit the house.  
Story5: Edward "Ted" Moore Northrop was born 2 September 1927 and died 24 September 2004, aged 77 years, buried in St. Thomas Church Columbarium, Section 7, Niche 214, Craver-Riggs Funeral Home. 
1951/3 Map: Ley
1959-60 Directories: L. E. & Sue Benitez
1962-66 Directories: Robert L. & Joan Benoit
1967-2005 Directories: Ted & Julie Northrop (moved from 427 Terrace Place)
2006-12 Directories: Julie Northrop