Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deed index
No: 143  Street: Wrenwood Name: 
Family:  Dougherty Owner Info: Y
Built: 1955 Sec: 29 Sub: Terrace Hills Lot: 22
Architect:  Cont/Build: Charlie Rose (Wayne Realty)
#Owners: 8F Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1993 - permit for the Schneiders to add a 2nd floor (John Grier, architect; H. Clasgow Construction).  3 remodelings by the Schneiders - covered porch became music/library; bumped out for a new eating room; added 1,100 square feet for 2nd floor and deck.

Phil Schneider is related to the Milford Gatch family (Ann Gatch at 635 Valley View & 602 Miami) by marriage through the Avril family (Diana Newton Gatch married Thomas Avril).   

Current Owner: Patrick Dougherty (via Getz) (moved from 115 Wrenwood) Date Fr: 2004 Date To: 
Original Owner: William C. Jr. & Helen S. Spohn Date Fr: 1956 Date To: 1958
Owner 1: Raymond F. & Blanche P. Morrison Date Fr 1: 1958 Date To 1: 1962
Owner 2: James & Myrna Newport Date Fr 2: 1962 Date To 2: 1964
Owner 3: Norman N. & Helen G. Stout  Date Fr 3: 1964 Date To 3: 1977
Owner 4: Sherman E. Unger (later Peter & C. E.) Date Fr 4: 1977 Date To 4: 1986
Owner 5: Philip & Kathy Tully Schneider Date Fr 5: 1986 Date To 5: 1997
Owner 6: Barbara L. & Greg Kapela Date Fr 6: 1997 Date To 6: 2004
Owner 7: Bank of New York Tr. Date Fr 7: 2004 Date To 7: 2004
Owner 8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Norman M. & Helen G. Stout. Irreg lot 22.
Description: Was a simple 1 story brick & siding Ranch, now with an added 2nd story, gable roof:  11 rooms, 5 bed rooms, 3 baths, volume ceilings and skylights.
Story 1: [???The abattoir and smithy of the Robinson Circus were in the present back yard.  The cistern and some foundations are there along with the elephant wall of which Terrace Park Historical Society has a picture. ???]  Actually according to the Robinson Circus plan of the buildings and the overlaid modern day map, directly behind this house were "Wild Swine, Pelicans, Water Fowl and Ibex."  Herbivores were to one side and Cape Buffalo & Camels to the other.  The open sided Wagon Shed was right in front of this house. 
1960 Directory: Ray F. & Blanche Morrison
1962-63 Direct: James R. & Myrna Newpart
1963-64 Direct:  
1965-68 Directories: Norman & Helen Stout
1969-70 Direct: ''       (James & Ann Correll from Cincinnati 1969)
1971-76 Directories: ''
1978-84 Directories: P. T. & Polly Unger
1986 Directory: ----    (Sold 1986)
1988-97 Directories: Phil & Kathy Schneider
1998-2003 Direct: Gregory & Barbara Kapela
2004-05 Direct: "       (Sold 2004)
2006-12 Directories: Patrick & Julie Dougherty