Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 406  Street: Western Name: 
Family: Petty Owner Info: N
Built: 1931 Sec: 29 Sub: Eveland Lot: 1-2
Architect:  Cont/Build: Miles & Harry Eveland
#Owners: 10 Original Use: Commercial & Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
2007 - permit for Petty to increase size of kitchen, family room, master bedroom  (Arcanum/Evans/Fletcher).  2010 permit for Addition/Remodel by Fletcher Homes for Petty. 
Current Owner: Michelle Renee & John Patrick Randall Date Fr: 2013 Date To: 
Original Owner: Harry H. Eveland Date Fr: 1931 Date To: 1941
Owner 1: A. P. & Mattie L. Basinger Date Fr 1: 1941 Date To 1: 1960
Owner 2: Dr. Basinger & Pat Patterson Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
Owner 3: Paul J. Pschesang & Archie W. Beckner Date Fr 3: 1960 Date To 3: 
Owner 4: Barbara L & David M. McDonald Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 1987
Owner 5: David P. & Sara K. Osborn (just David in 1990) Date Fr 5: 1987 Date To 5: 1995
Owner 6: Todd & Mary Ann Straley Date Fr 6: 1995 Date To 6: 1999
Owner 7: Jeffrey "Jeff" & Sarah H. Dunning Date Fr 7: 1999 Date To 7: 2005
Owner 8: Travis J. & Alison E. Petty Date Fr 8: 2005 Date To 8: 2013
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1958 Owner: Adam P. & Mattie L. Basinger (lived at 625 Elm) Lots 1&2 Evelands
1975 Owner:  Paul Pschang
Description: 2 story frame Traditional, steep gable roof: 8 rooms, 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths.
Story 1: From Liza Brown with Marilyn Julnes: Built in the late 1920s (?) by Miles & Harry Eveland.  Dr. Basinger & Pat Patterson lived there. Pat Patterson was a very popular and wonderful coach at the High School when Liza Brown went there (graduated in 1938).  Perhaps he rented from the Basingers while Dr. Basinger had his office downstairs and lived at 625 Elm.   The Basingers bought 625 Elm in 1945.
Story 2: Long time Doctor's and then Dentist's office.  It was finally voted that there could not be a commercial office in this zone even though it had been so used for many years. By that time the property was just a medical office with no one living upstairs as had been the case earlier.    
Story 3: Maurine Jeannette Basinger came to Terrace Park School for the 1943-44 school year.  She graduated in 1945.  Underneath her year book picture it gives this information.  (From Susan Heil Abernethy Frank)  It looks as if the family lived at this address at that time and then moved to 625 Elm in 1945.  
1939 Map: Basinger (lived at 625 Elm 1945-59)
1942 Map: Basinger (lived at 625 Elm 1945-59)
1951/3 Map: A. P.  Basinger M. D. & Bush (renter?)
1959-60 Directories: Archie & Jeanett Ernst (renters?)
1962-64 Directories: Dr. Paul Pschesang
1965-66 Direct: '' (moved to 418 Cornell with Sally - kept Dental office here)
1967-68 Direct:  
1969-70 Direct:  
1971-72 Direct:  
1973-84 Directories: Pschesang Dental Office
1986 Directory: ---- (Sold 1985) (Sold 1987)
1988-93 Directories: David & Sara Osborn
1994-95 Direct: "      (moved to Lexington???) (Sold 1995)
1996-97 Direct: Todd & Mary Ann Straley
1998-99 Direct: "      (Sold 1999)
2000-03 Directories: Jeff & Sarah Dunning
2004-05 Direct: "      (moved to 404 Stanton)  (Sold 2005)
2006-12 Directories: Travis & Alison Petty