Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index
No: 427  Street: Terrace Place Name: 
Family: Findley Owner Info: N
Built: 1952 Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City Lot: 52-53
Architect: Findley/Greene ( for 1999 addition) Cont/Build: John Heisler (for original house)
#Owners: 8 Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1961/65 - Northrops screened in the breezeway.  1984 - structural changes after Fays include: converted the garage to a family room and enclosed the existing screen porch; living room addition and  remodeled the kitchen; erected a detached garage.  1999 - Pete & Chandi Findley added a 2nd story to the major portion of the house (Lees Remodeling).  2008 - permit to Pete Findley for an addition and remodel (Jane Yancey, architect, Telkamp Construction, contractor).  2010 permit for Addition/Remodel by Combs Builders for Findley. 
Current Owner: Peter M. & Chandi Findley Date Fr: 1996 Date To: 
Original Owner: Louis E. & Lyndal V. Eigher Date Fr: 1952 Date To: 1956
Owner 1: Ivan G. & Margaret C. Bingham Date Fr 1: 1956 Date To 1: 1960
Owner 2: Julie Brogan Northrop (& Ted) Date Fr 2: 1960 Date To 2: 1966
Owner 3: William E. & Agnes P. Fay Date Fr 3: 1966 Date To 3: 1979
Owner 4: Agnes P. Fay Date Fr 4: 1979 Date To 4: 1984
Owner 5: Craig Lee & Julianne M. Fuller Date Fr 5: 1984 Date To 5: 1986
Owner 6: James H. & Ruth M. Brossart Date Fr 6: 1986 Date To 6: 1993
Owner 7:  Bradford W. & Joan G. Keller Date Fr 7: 1993 Date To 7: 1996
Owner 8: Date Fr 8: Date To 8:
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10: Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1953 & 1958 Owners: Lorin E. & Lyndal V. Eigher Jr. at this address in 1953.  Ivan G. & Margaret C. Bingham owned lots 52-53  Sibley 1st in 1958.
1975 Owner:  William E. & Agnes P. Fay. Ir 52-53 Sib 1
Description: Before 1999 addition - Cape Cod, brick and siding, gable roofs. Out of order on street.  It's between 315 and 409.  Now greatly expanded with 2 stories on the main part of the house.  
Story 1: Always a residence but the Fays had their art studio in the basement where they sold paintings and gave lessons.  Another owner was a composer and made the garage into a music room.
Story 2: Craig Lee Fuller, owner 1984-1986 is "one of the finest songwriter/performers to come from this area.  He founded a band in the early '70s called Pure Prairie League, which reunited several years ago and is still performing today with many of the original members.  "Amie" is certainly their best-known song, which Mr. Fuller both wrote and sang.  I believe he now lives in North Carolina with his family, and his son has recently been making appearances onstage with his dad!  The guy was and is a major talent in the musical world."  Information in January 2008 from John Maggard.  
Story 3: Information from Ancestry of Edgar Augustus Fay (rootsweb) & Greenlawn Cemetery.  William Erni Fay was born 17 June 1893 & died 28 October 1978, Terrace Park OH, aged 85 years, Craver-Hookom Funeral Home.  He married Ida Hottendorf in 1919 in Cincinnati OH.  Ida was born 1890, Cincinnati OH & died 1924 in Cincinnati OH.  Their child was Dorothy Fay.  William married Agnes Prizer in 1925 in Cincinnati OH.   She was born 28 December 1896, St. Louis MO & died 20 January1990, Milford OH, aged 93 years Craver Funeral HomeThey are both buried in Section 14 of Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH.  Their children are: William L. Fay b 1926, Cincinnati OH and living on Long Island; Richard Fay, born 1929, Cincinnati OH and living Hiram OH; and Marcia Joanna (Joan) Fay, born 1934, Cincinnati OH and living in NJ. 
1959 Directory: Ivan & Margaret Bingham
1960 Directory: "      (moved to 113 Wrenwood)
1962-64 Directories: Ted & Julie Northrop
1965-66 Direct: ''      (moved to 601 Yale)
1967-80 Directories: William E. & Agnes Fay
1984-86 Directories: Craig & Julie Fuller
1988-93 Directories: Jim & Ruth Bossart
1994-95 Direct: Brad & Joan Keller (transferred to Chicago)
1996-2012 Directories: Pete & Chandi Findley