||Thought to have been an empty lot until Robert
"Bob" Corey purchased it from
Louis Bosch in 1947 and built an ice cream parlor in the early 1950s which he and his
wife, Faye, ran for a brief time, selling to Maro Day in 1953.
According to Susan Heil Frank (and others) this was not just an ice cream parlor but a
restaurant called the Parker House and was very popular with the young
people. Faye Corey was the cook.
||In 1958 Joseph Nordloh, builder, purchased the building and had his
offices on one side and rented the other to his nephew, Jim, architect. It was
sometimes referred to as the "Nordloh Building". Among other renters were
Trackside Treasures and Styling in the Park, a hairdresser.
||In 1966 Charles Wiebold purchased it and moved his Art Restoration
business there from the basement of his residence at 213 Cambridge. The building has been remodeled
and expanded on 3 occasions (1970, 1986 and 1991). He added a storage shed in 1972. Wiebold's
celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2005 and its 70th in 2015 (started in
1945). It is thought to be the oldest business in continuous
operation in Terrace Park.
||Wiebold purchased from the Village the back (east) sections of lots 113
and 114 in 1976. Bill Wiebold, Charlie's son, now owns the business.
2001 brochure in the file.
||Trackside Treasures - article in Eastern Hamilton County Messenger,
April 14, 1966. "Trackside Treasures, an unusual new shop which
will handle original paintings, sketches, crafts, decorative items and
uniquely refinished furniture, will open for the first time Saturday in
Terrace Park at 411 Terrace Place. Present plans call for the shop
to be open three days a wee, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays form 10 a.m.
to 6 p.m. However, merchandise will be shown at other hours by
appointment. Trackside Treasures will be operated by Mr. and Mrs.
William Donaldson of Terrace Park [211 Terrace Place]. The shop will
have all one-of-a-kind offerings by local artists and
craftsmen." Since article says 411 was it here at 413 or
actually at 411?