Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos

Click here to see deed index

No: (or 3? Street: Stumps Lane Name: The Stumps Boat Club
Family: Stumps Boat Club Owner Info: N
Built: 1970 Sec: 28 Sub:  Lot: 
Architect: G. C. Burroughs & John H. Deeken Cont/Build:
#Owners:  Original Use: Boat Club Current Use: Club House
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: Y
The present building replaces several earlier Club Houses for Stumps.  
Current Owner: Stumps Boat Club Date Fr: 1907 Date To: 
Original Owner: Thomas Biggs to William Hooper to Frederick Rimpler Date Fr: 1890 Date To: 1894
Owner 1: Henry Rimpler Date Fr 1: 1894 Date To 1: 1907
Owner 2:  Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
Owner 3:  Date Fr 3:  Date To 3: 
Owner 4:  Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 
Owner 5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
Owner 6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
Owner 7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
Owner 8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Stumps Boat Club
Description: 2 story shingle siding Clubhouse, gable roofs.  
Story 1: Possibilities - did it start as early as 1886?  1st building may have been built as early as 1898.  It was destroyed by floods or fire in 1907 and a 2nd Club House built.  It was destroyed in 1917, rebuilt and destroyed in 1920, when another one was built.  
Story 2: According to Steve Holmes at the TP Historical Society event at Stumps, 9 April 2016, Stumps started in 1883 probably by sons of members of the earlier Pillars Club.  There's more information about Stumps and the Pillars at the TP Historical Society.  Looking at the deeds,  Stumps must have rented the land or made some arrangement to use it before they bought it in 1907. 
1939 Map: Map does not cover area
1942 Map: Stumps Boat Club
1951/3 Map: Stumps Boat Club
1959-84 Directories:   
1986-2003 Directories: Stumps Boat Club
2004-07 Directories: Ed Hagins (listed at 3 Stumps Lane - caretaker?)
2008-09 Direct: "   & Stumps Boat Club
2011-12 Directories: Stumps Boat Club