Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here for deed index Click here to see census
No: 505  Street: Stanton Name: A Railroad House
Family: Davis Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: Y
Built: 1890 Sec: 22 Sub: Sibley's 2nd BL4 Lot: 4-7
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 5+ Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1937 - remodeled squaring off one side of the front of the house - 2nd floor den addition., breakfast room and car port.  1965 - G. Glascoe added 6' x 12' to the garage, enclosed the 8' x 16' porch, added a 14' x 14' screen porch.  1973 - Gifford Glascoe made an unspecified addition/alteration.  2011 permit for Rex M. Davis: Alteration (Harry Howard)
Current Owner: Rex Martin Davis Date Fr: 2009 Date To: 
Original Owner: Mary L. Martin Date Fr: 1891 Date To: 1910
Owner 1: James F. Farran Date Fr 1: 1910 Date To 1:1936
Owner 2: Lillian M. Christie Date Fr 21936 Date To 2: 1941
Owner 3: Robert L. & Mary "Happy" Stevens Date Fr 3: 1941 Date To 3: 1954
Owner 4John A. & Mary "Marcey" L. Krum Date Fr 41954 Date To 41962
Owner 5Clara S. & Gifford S. Glascoe Date Fr 51962 Date To 52009
Owner 6 Date Fr 6 Date To 6: 
Owner 7 Date Fr 7 Date To 7: 
Owner 8 Date Fr 8 Date To 8
Owner 9 Date Fr 9 Date To 9
Owner 10 Date Fr 10 Date To 10
1975 Owner:  Clara S. Glascoe
Description: 2 story Victorian, siding, gable roof.   
Story 1: One of the so called Railroad Houses built in the 1890s from blueprints sold by a Cincinnati architect for $25.00.  All are in Sibley subdivisions. 
Story 2: This home of Mr. & Mrs. (Clara) Gifford Glascoe was on the December 18, 1962 TP Garden Club House Tour, "Noel dans le Parc".  Advance tickets were $1 but $1.25 on the day and the homes were open from 1-4:30, maybe also in the evening as a tear off stub is missing from the ticket.  The Community House on Elm Avenue was open for Decorations and probably Refreshments. 
Story 3: The Glascoe home was on the 1992 Sunday December 6 "An Historic Walk Through Terrace Park" TP Garden Club House Tour .  Homes were open from 1-5 PM.  Proceeds were used for village beautification. 
1939 Map: Christy
1942 Map: Stevens
1951/3 Map: Robert L. Stevens (built and  moved to 501 Stanton next door)
1959-60 Directories: John & Marcey Krum
1962-2003 Directories: Gifford & Clara Glascoe (moved from 307 Amherst)
2004-05 Direct: "     (Gifford died)
2006-07 Direct: Mrs. Gifford Glascoe (Clara)  
2008-09 Direct: "       (Sold 2009)
2011-12 Direct: Rex Martin Davis