Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 301  Street: Stanton (officially 802 Lexington as of 2012-13 when added 3 car garage) Name: A Railroad House
Family: Reid Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: Y
Built: 1890 Sec: 22 Sub: Sibley's 2nd BL 8 Lot: 9-11, 33, 32
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 13 Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
Langouts or earlier added a bathroom where the front door facing Stanton had been and moved the door to its present location on Lexington.  Syd Davis filled in 2 corners in the living room and enlarged the kitchen.         1967 - Syd Davis made a large 2 story Colonial addition for a family room, bed room and attached garage on the south  (Don Curless, contactor).   2012/13 - Judy & Iain Reid remodeled far end of house to add 3 car garage.  Also added workroom, full bath, half bath, mudroom & playroom.  They also officially changed their address to 802 Lexington since the front door & driveway are now both on Lexington.  The original front door was on Stanton but it was changed to Lexington many years ago, which has long been rather confusing. 
Current Owner: Iain & Judith Reid Date Fr: 2011 Date To: 
Original Owner: (see deeds for earlier owners - house on lots 9&10 - Pike, Foster, Aray, Hoseman, Applegate, Fisher, Struble Date Fr: 1906 Date To: 1920
Owner 1: Wilbur K. Runyan (later Bessie R.) Date Fr 1: 1920 Date To 1: 1939
Owner 2: Gene H. Forshee Date Fr 2: 1939 Date To 2: 1946
Owner 3: Lee H. & Joan Zoeller (also at 600 Floral?) Date Fr 3: 1946 Date To 3: 1949
Owner 4: Kent A. & Mary Jane Reece Date Fr 4: 1949 Date To 4: 1953
Owner 5: Mary Virginia & H. J. Langhout Date Fr 5: 1953 Date To 5: 1954
Owner 6: Mary Ruth Davis (& Sydnor)  Date Fr 6: 1954 Date To 6: 2011
Owner 7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
Owner 8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Mary Ruth Davis. Lots 9-10-11, pt lot 32, & lot 33 (808 Lexington)
Description: 2 story Victorian with large additions, siding, gable roof.  Railroad houses were built in the 1890s from blueprints sold by a Cincinnati architect for $25.  All are in Sibley subdivisions.  
Story 1:      Evidently Martha Runyan (daughter of Wilbur & Bessie) lived here c 1925 or later according to a picture given to the Terrace Park Garden Club for the celebration May 2, 1995 of the Club's 75th Anniversary.  
    
Wilbur Keen Runyon was born 29 June 1862 and died 21 August 1937, aged 75 years, buried in Section 17 of Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH, Craver Funeral Home. 
Story 2: Sydnor I. Davis was born 18 February 1925 and died 24 May 1996, aged 71 years, buried in St. Thomas Church Columbarium, Section 7, Niche 205, Craver-Riggs Funeral Home.  Mickey Davis moved to Deupree House and then to Marjoie P. Lee. 
1939 Map: Runyon
1942 Map: Forshee (moved from 222 Oxford)
1951/3 Map: Kenneth Tench & Kent A. Reece
1959-97 Directories: Sydnor & Mickey Davis
1998-2009 Directories: Mickey Davis