Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 206  Street: Stanton (Lexington) Name: A Railroad House
Family: Dickinson Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: N
Built: 1895 Sec: 22 Sub: Sibley's 2nd BL 9 Lot: Pts 58-62
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 10+ Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1961 - James F. Scherer added the rear porch.  1963 - the Scifres made a 2 story addition for a TV room, bedroom and bath.  "Added to and enhanced several times."  2002 - permit for Doug Worple to add front porch and rework existing stairs (Charles Keffer, contractor, Arcanum, architect).
Current Owner: Jon & Margot Dickinson Date Fr: 2011 Date To: 
Original Owner(see deeds) Date Fr:  Date To: 
Owner 1: John I. Crosby  Date Fr 1: 1919 Date To1: 1945
Owner 2: Hudson Biery (see story 2) Date Fr 2: 1945 Date To 2: 1951
Owner 3: James F. & W. Neva Scherer  Date Fr 3: 1951 Date To 3: 1963
Owner 4: Robert D. & Martina Scifres  Date Fr 4: 1963 Date To 4: 1973
Owner 5Archie Q. & Sydney  A. Frost Date Fr 51973 Date To 51978
Owner 6Carol S. Beech Date Fr 6: 1978 Date To 61983
Owner 7: Richard E. & Sara K. Geier Date Fr 7: 1983 Date To 7: 1990
Owner 8Susan Conrad Amis Date Fr 81990 Date To 81998
Owner 9: Charles A. Binghan III Tr. (for Douglas F. & Rebecca A. Worple) Date Fr 91998 Date To 92007
Owner 10Brian & Francisca Kelly Date Fr 102007 Date To 102011
Owner 11 Date Fr 11 Date To 11
Owner 12: Date Fr 12: Date To 12:
1975 Owner:  Archie Q. & Sydney A. Frost. Pts lots 58-62.
Description: 2 story aluminum siding Victorian with gable roof:  5 bedrooms, white kitchen, French doors, 10' ceilings, hardwood floors.  Railroad houses were built in the 1890s from blueprints sold by a Cincinnati architect for $25.  All are in Sibley subdivisions.     
Story 1: 1969 scrapbook - color pictures.
Story 2: Betty Cosby lived here in 1925, according to a picture given to the Terrace Park Garden Club for the celebration May 2, 1995 of the Club's 75th Anniversary.  
Story 3: When Hudson & Katherine Biery owned this house it was a 2 family house.  They lived downstairs and rented the upstairs to Stewart & Bunny Proctor in 1950 (March to November).  Then they wanted to make it into a one family home so the Proctors moved to Milford and the Bierys moved to 721 Lexington (see note there) while the work was being done.  Then it was sold in 1951 to the Scherers.  1960, 1962-3 & 1963-4 Terrace Park Directories list the Bierys at 403 Miami.  They also owned a farm in Indiana where Mrs. Biery grew hybrid day lilies.  Mr. Biery worked for the Cincinnti Street RR downtown and enjoyed gardening when he returned home.

Hudson Biery was an early director of ORSANCO.  His wife specialized in growing iris.  (Unknown source but in Esther Power's writing)  

Story 4: Robert DeBruce Scifres was born 29 August 1917 and was cremated 26 January 1988, aged 70 years.  Martina Hum Scifres was born in 1920 and was buried4 August 2007.  They are both buried in St. Thomas Church Columbarium Section 2, Niche 60. 
1939 Map: Cosby
1942 Map: C & J Cosby
1951/3 Map: Biery
1959-63 Directories: James & Neva Scherer
1963-72 Directories: Robert & Tina Scifres (moved from 717 Myrtle)
1973-74 Direct: ''      (Sold 1973)
1975-78 Directories: Archie & Sydney Anning Frost
1980 Directory: Jay & Carol Beech
1982 Directory: J. Scott & Katherine Heste (renters?)  (Sold 1983)
198-88 Directories: Richard & Sara Geier
1990-97 Directories: Jim & Susan Amis (Sold 1990)
1998-99 Direct: ''       (moved to 709 Franklin)   (Sold 1998)
2000-05 Directories: Doug & Becca Worple
2006-07 Direct:       (moved to 1 Circus Place)   (Sold 2007)
2008-09 Directories: Brian & Paqui Kelley
2011-12 Directory: Jon & Margot Dickinson