Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 321  Street: Rugby Name:  A Railroad House
Family: Sheridan Owner Info: N
Built: circa 1898 Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City Lot: 58-59
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 12+ Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1963 - Bill & Ellie Byars had the house rewired, put in a new gas heater, changed the heating ducts from the floor to baseboard and remodeled the basement (info from Bill Byars).  Early 1964 - House remodeled.  Architect Stan Kolinsky.  "The side porch to the north was added, the kitchen was remodeled and the roof was reinforced so an addition could be added above the kitchen at a later date, the downstairs lavatory was added, the family room was remodeled and the see through fireplace was sealed off in the living room as smoke would blow into the rooms every time the front door was opened.  Wall to wall carpeting was put down."  Info from Bill Byars.  1977 - Terry Bernard built a family room and attached 2 car garage.  1992 - addition.  2002 - permit for Geoffrey Tetrault to add master bedroom and bath above existing family room.  Add stairs and reinforce roof to carriage house (William Garrigan, contractor, Mark McConnell, architect).   2006 - Tetrault permit to add & remodel (Schwieterman architect)
Current Owner: Kevin M. Sheridan Date Fr: 2010 Date To: 
Original Owner: David J. & Annie McMullen in 1900 census (moved to 607 Wooster Pike).  Probably built by a Sibley son and bought by or built for David McMullen.  (see deeds) Date Fr: 1898 Date To: 1917
Owner 1: Elsie M. Davis Date Fr 1: 1917 Date T 1:1920
Owner: 2 George H. Godley Date Fr: 2 1920 Date To 2: 1922
Owner 3: Jason E. & E.E. Miller Date Fr: 3 1922 Date To 3: 1923
Owner 4: Estella E. Fitzwilson Date Fr 4: 1923 Date To: 4 1931
Owner 5: Howard S. Mayer Date Fr 5: 1931 Date To 5: 1934
Owner 6: Central Trust Co. Date Fr 6 1934 Date To 6: 1939
Owner 7: Verian P. "Vinnie" Ader (& Bud) Date Fr 71939 Date To 71954
Owner 8: James D. & Dorothy H. Bruning Date Fr 81954 Date To 81963
Owner 9William L III "Bill" & Eleanor "Ellie: Nisbet  Byars Date Fr 91963 Date To 91969
Owner 10Terry L. & Judith K. Bernard Date Fr 101969 Date To 102001
Owner 11Geoffrey P. Tetrault Date Fr 112001 Date To 112010
Owner 12 Date Fr 12 Date To 12
1975 Owner:  Terry L. & Judith R. Bernard
Description: 2 story Victorian, siding, gable roof: 9 room "farm house".  Extensive remodeling - porch and family room added.  2 story barn on back of lot.
Story 1: Jinny Cotherman from Lake Forest, Illinois, visited Terrace Park in April 2003 to find her mother's childhood home. Jinny's mother was Mary Elaine Fitzwilson (now Anderson).  Her parents' names were Estelle and Charles (see Deeds: Estella E. Fitzwilson owned 321 Rugby from 1923 to 1931).  She had 3 brothers (Charles, Robert & Richard).  In 2003 she and her brother Richard are the only ones still alive.  The Fitzwilson family were living here when the 1930 Census was taken (see Census: Their father is listed as a salesman).  
Story 2: Vinnie Ader told Jane Peterson she had heard that at one time Robinson Circus performers boarded in this house.  
Story 3:   Byars family (from Bill Byars 2005).  Bill Byars grew up at 606 Home, graduated from Mariemont High School in 1954 and then from Denison University.  His first wife was Ellie and they bought 321 Rugby in 1963.  They had 3 children, Marshall (living in Loveland OH 2005), Julie & Tom.  After they divorced, Nancy Cox moved in with Vinnie Ader (next door), they started dating and then married.  They had one daughter, Stacy, born December 15, 1969.  They sold 321 Rugby in 1970 and moved to Findlay OH.  After they were divorced, Bill married Margo Zickafoose.  She had 2 boys, Scott & Tim, whom Bill adopted.  They had a daughter, Brean, who was born after thy moved (1972) to Salt Lake City.  They divorced in 1987 and Bill has enjoyed being single ever since.  He still lives in Salt Lake City summers and in Avon Park FL winters.  He's a retired Physicist who spends his spare time traveling and trying to keep track of his kids and grandchildren.  
Story 4: Anna McMullen bought 607 Wooster Pike in 1907.  When did they move?  Did they move there and rent 321 Rugby?
Story 5: Kevin Sheridan grew up in Terrace Park at 620 Lexington
1942 Map: Ader
1951/3 Map: Eugene  Ader (moved to 313 Rugby BH&G house they built)
1959-63 Directories: J. D. "Dave" & Dorothy Bruning
1963-66 Directories: Bill & Ellie Byars 
1967-70 Directories: Bill Byars 
1971-99 Directories: Terry & Judy Bernard ('69 from Reading)
2000-01 Directory: "     (Sold 2001)
2002-03 Directory: Geoffrey & Renee Tetrault (moved from 716 Yale)
2004-09 Directories: "     (Sold 2010)
2011-12 Directories: Kevin & Jacqueline Sheridan