Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 312  Street: Rugby Name: 
Family: Malotke Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: N
Built: 1911 ? Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City Lot: 42-43
Architect:  Cont/Build: Wilfred Frye (from Startsman)
#Owners:  Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: Y Replace: N
1967 - E. S. Lee remodeled the attic for a family room and bath (Henry Hensgen, architect; Hengsen Construction Co., contractor).  Porch removed in 1960s.  1993 - permit for the Malotke family to remodel the kitchen cabinets & floor (Lockwood Doench, contractor).
Current Owner: Gerald J. & Mary E. Malotke Date Fr: 1978 Date To: 
Original Owner: (Wilfred M. Fry) Date Fr: 1903 Date To: 1904
Owner 1: Mary C. Fry Date Fr 1: 1904 Date To 1: 1921
Owner 2: Edward P. Rush, Helen H. Rush Date Fr 2: 1921 Date To 2: 1931
Owner 3: H. H. & Lucinda H. Fry Date Fr 3: 1931 Date To 3: 1946
Owner 4: Florence F. & Ronald Ferguson Date Fr 4: 1946 Date To 4: 1963
Owner 5:  John D. & Kate S. Quist (probably never lived here. See 209 Cambridge, story 2) Date Fr 5: 1963 Date To 5: 1964
Owner 6:  Ralph M. & Eleanor W. Churchill Date Fr 6: 1964 Date To 6: 1965
Owner 7:  Edmund S III & Peggy W. Lee (see below) Date Fr 7: 1965 Date To 7: 1978
Owner 8: Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Edmund Shackelford Lee 3rd
Description: 2 1/2 story Post-Victorian, frame, hip roof: 7 rooms.  Had wrap-around porches on 2 sides - removed in 1960s by Kay Quist and added columns. 
Story 1: This is the house where Ann Gatch says she was born.  She says her parents rented it on their return from the World War in Europe.  This needs further investigation because I see no Lloyd ownership here and Ann thought her parents rented from "Momma Ma Lloyd".  
Story 2:  Mrs. Neil (Mary Camilla) McElroy lived there - was a Fry, part of the Fry family at 726 Park Avenue TP.  Short article in Miller Scrap Book 1975 states that she was the widow of Neil H. McElroy, former chairman of Proctor & Gamble.  She died August 14 (1975?) and left her large estate to her three children, Malcolm Neil McElroy of New York, Nancy M. G. Folger of Washington & Barbara M. Dimling of Menasha WI.  At the time of her death she lived at the Regency Apartments, 2444 Madison Road, Hyde Park & at the McElroy Farm, 6883 Gaynor Road, Clermont Co.
Actually Mary Camilla lived here as a child with her parents Wilfred M & M. Camilla Fry.  She married Neil McElroy between 1920 & 1930 (Census) and lived in Cincinnati in both 1920 & 1930.  Obituaries of son Malcolm Neil McElroy at the Terrace Park Historical Society. 
Story 3: Ronald Ferguson died February 25, 1969.
Story 4: Evidently Martha Jane Rush (daughter of Ed) lived here c 1925 or later according to a picture given to the Terrace Park Garden Club for the celebration May 2, 1995 of the Club's 75th Anniversary.  
Story 5: Eleanor "Bunny" Churchill was born 14 October 1918 and died 22 June 1986, aged 67 years, buried Graceland Memorial Gardens, Miami Township, Clermont County OH. 
1939 Map: Ferguson
1942 Map: Ferguson
1951/3 Map: Ronald Ferguson & Richard Leisinger
1959-60 Directories: Ronald & Florence Ferguson
1962-63 Direct: ''      & Lee F. Ferguson, Capt. Richard & Laura Jean (Ferguson) Leisinger
1963-64 Direct:                     
1965-66 Direct: Ed & Peggy Lee (Peggy killed in airplane accident)
1967-70 Directories: Ed Lee
1971-72 Direct: E. S. "Shack" & Jeanne (Christie) Lee (Jeanne moved from 218 Oxford)
1973-74 Direct: ''      (E=Edmund; S=Shackelford; 3rd)
1975-76 Direct:

''      (moved to 104 Fieldstone)

1978-2012 Directories: Gerald & Mary Malotke