Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deeds Click here to see census
No: 214  Street: Rugby Name: John & Emma Rauscher Hoffman House
Family: Hudson Owner Info: N
Built: 1890 Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City Lot: 30-31-32 pt 29
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 14 Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built:  Add To: Y Sub From:  Y Replace:
1920 - added a garage.  1967 - remodeled the 2nd floor bath and added 14' x 29' family and laundry rooms to the rear of the house (Carl Gardner architect & contractor).  1993 - permit for Chris Ryall to add a garage & kitchen.  1994 - added a porch.  2006 - Ryall permit to remove house.  Burned down by TP Fire Department as owner wanted to build new.  New house to be built by Michaelson Home, Sean Keith, architect.  2007 - House never built.  Lot stood empty in 2007-8.  In 2009 Gareth Hudson at 224-2 Rugby owned this lot with no home being built on it.  Instead this lot was used for recreational purposes.  A pool house, pool and slide were built.  2009 permit for Gareth Hudson to add an "inground pool" (Aquarian Pools) & build a "new residence" (Michaelson Homes). 
Current Owner: Gareth Y. Hudson Date Fr: 2007 Date To: 
Original Owner: Emma Rauscher Hoffman (& John) Date Fr: 1889 Date To: unknown
Owner 1: Thomas B. Stone Date Fr 1: unknown Date To 1: 1908
Owner 2: William Thomas Johnson  (& Ethel) Date Fr 2: 1908 Date To 2: 1937
Owner 3: Grace Leue (1961 James R. Leue) Date Fr 3: 1937 Date To 3: 1964
Owner 4: Stephen M. III & Elizabeth "Betty" Lyon  Date Fr 4: 1964 Date To 4: 1966
Owner 5: Thomas V. & Dorothy F. Dougherty  Date Fr 5: 1966 Date To 5: 1971
Owner 6: Dorothy F. Dougherty Date Fr 6: 1971 Date To 6: 1972
Owner 7: Leslie Lorene Jannott Date Fr 7: 1972 Date To 7: 1973
Owner 8: Julia L. Gross (& Terry) Date Fr 8: 1973 Date To 8: 1977
Owner 9: Stanley S. & Janice A. Smith Date Fr 9: 1977 Date To 9: 1985
Owner 10: James S. & Mary K. Hester Date Fr 10: 1985 Date To 10: 1987
Owner 11: Jay Uhl TR Date Fr 11: 1987 Date To 11: 1989
Owner 12: William P. & Perkins Amory Lord Date Fr 121989 Date To 121893
Owner 13: Christopher S. & Catherine S. Ryall (later Debr A. but may not have lived here) Date Fr 13:  1893 Date To 13: 2007
Owner 14: Date Fr 14: Date To 14:
Owner 15: Date Fr 15: Date To 15:
1975 Owner:  Julia L. Gross
Description: 2 1/2 story Victorian Farmhouse, frame, gable roof: 6 rooms (originally). 
Story 1: Another source says built 1920??? with detached garage and pool.  Doubt that this is correct.  1892 map of Terrace Park shows this house.
Story 2: John & Emma Rauscher (sister of Ida Rauscher Breiling) Hoffman - Great aunt and uncle of Helen Christopher Barnett
Story 3: Tom Johnson - had the stone pillars built (from Startsman).  He built 211 Rugby for his daughter.
Story 4: Stephen Lyon III is Hazel Retherford's brother.  Stephen & his 2nd wife, Betty, rented the house before buying it.  His parent's home was at 603 Marietta.  Stephen & Betty moved from here to Texas.  
Story 5: This home of Mr. and Mrs. (Katherine) Scott Hester was on the "Walking through a Winter Wonderland" 1986 December 7 TP Garden Club House Tour.  It was a Sunday, homes were open from 2-5 PM and tickets were $4.  Proceeds were used for village beautification.
Story 6: This home of Mr. & Mrs. (Catherine) Christopher S. Ryall was on the 1996 Sunday December 8 "Holiday Home Tour" TP Garden Club House Tour.  Homes were open from 1-5 PM and tickets were $10.  Proceeds were used to continue the beautification of our Village.  Terrace Park Etchings, Refreshments and Ticket Sales were at 716 Park Avenue.
Story 7: Terry A. Gross was born 26 July 1936 and died 6 February 1986, aged 49 years,  He was cremated. 
1939 Map: Leue
1942 Map: Lynch (renter?)
1951/3 Map: McConnell, E. G. (renter?)
1959 Directory: Ivan & Margaret Taub (renter?)
1960 Directory: ''
1962-63 Direct: Edward & Ruth Curtis (renter?)
1963-64 Direct: ''
1965-66 Direct: Stephen & Betty Lyon III
1967-68 Direct: Tom & Dot Dougherty (moved from 408 Stanton)
1969-70 Direct: ''
1971-72 Direct: D. F. Dougherty
1973-74 Direct: Rick & Leslie Jannott (Sold 1973)
1975-76 Direct: Terry A. & Julie Gross
1978 Directory: Stan & Jan Smith (moved from 711 Yale)
1980-82 Directories: "
1984 Directory: ''      (Sold 1985)
1986 Directory: Scott & Katherine Hester (Sold 1987)
1988 Directory: ----
1990-91 Direct: William & April Lord
1992-93 Direct: ''
1994-95 Direct: Chris & Catherine Ryall
1996-2005 Directories: ''
2006-07 Direct: "           (House burned down by Fire Department)
2008-09 Direct: "
2010-11 Direct: