||The Kircher house was built by Ed and Janet Kircher on land from
her great aunt Elizabeth Coop (see deeds). It shows on the 1942 map of Terrace
Park, so it was built at least by then. Only 1 family lived in the house. When the
house was torn down in 1994 for a new house, a first stone foundation was found beside the
one of the house coming down (probably a turn-of-the- century home). Bob Corey
confirms he played in this foundation as a child in the 1920s. Thus there have been
a series of 3 houses on this site.
||Edwin Kircher was a skilled woodworker in his spare time. He
converted their basement into an English pub, complete with hand hewn beams, cabinets and
doors. Mrs. Bieser reported his work was beautifully done. Therefore Mrs.
Beiser's brother salvaged much of the wood and incorporated it into his home. The
Sebens family on Miami Avenue, Terrace Park, further recycled windows and exterior siding
from the Kircher home and used it in the construction of their chicken house. All
the neighbors helped themselves to plantings. All interior moldings and the
fireplace mantel were used elsewhere. An air conditioning unit was donated to
Habitat for Humanity, as were the Kircher's appliances. The Biesers are strong
advocates of re-cycling building materials whenever possible.
||Seven copies of Edwin Kircher's book Rookwood Pottery:
an explanation of its marks and symbols are available at the Main Library
(Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County).
||Janet Lenora Kircher was born 14
November 1911 and died 15 Feb 1995, aged 83 years,
buried in Section 15 of Greenlawn
Cemetery, Milford OH, Evans Funeral Home.