Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index
No: Street: Oxford Name: 
Family: SOLD Owner Info: N
Built: 1925 Sec: 23 Sub: Wanoka Woods & JW Sibley Lot: Pt 3, pt 153
Architect:  Cont/Build: Gus Worz
#Owners:  Original Use: Unknown Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
Renovation by Bill Howard (see story 2).  2002 - permit for Jim Pustinger to add and remodel. (Epic, contractors, Hans Nuetzel, architect).  
Current Owner: Date Fr: 2012 Date To: 
Original Owner: Edward Friedlander Date Fr: 1928 Date To: 1943
Owner 1: Julia M. Foster Date Fr 1: 1943 Date To 1: 1945
Owner 2: Della R. Staun Date Fr 2: 1945 Date To 2: 1946
Owner 3: James M. Barkdull Date Fr 3: 1946 Date To 3: 1947
Owner 4: J. Aaron Meyer Date Fr 4: 1947 Date To 4: 1951
Owner 5: Mary R. Cravens Date Fr 5: 1951 Date To 5: 1952
Owner 6: Edgar Ray & B. Miracle Date Fr 6: 1952 Date To 6: 1953
Owner 7: Harold Bertke Date Fr 7: 1953 Date To 7: 1953
Owner 8: Joe W. & Myrtle R. "Connie" Mullins (1977 just Connie) Date Fr 8: 1953 Date To 8: 1978
Owner 9: William D. & Suzanne M. Howard Date Fr 9: 1978 Date To 9: 1985
Owner 10: James G. & Maureen J. Hunt Date Fr 10: 1985 Date To 10: 1999
Owner 11:  James "Jim" M. & Jennifer "Jenni" J. Pustinger Date Fr 11: 1999 Date To 11: 2012
 

 

Description: 2 story vertical wood siding Contemporary:  entry, living room/dining room combination, wet bar, kitchen, study, bedroom and bath on upper level.  Master bedroom and bath, laundry room/mechanics and another bedroom and bath on the lower level. "Sweeping river views of the Little Miami from walls of windows, terraces and decks.  Heated lap pool and screened summer house."
Story 1: Gus Worz built the original building here for Edward Friedlander.  Friedlander was a wealthy Jew from Cincinnati who sponsored Camp Friedlander on the Little Miami River near Miamiville for the Cincinnati Boy Scouts.  (from Robert L. Achor, grandson of Gus Worz)  
Story 2: According to Ginger Howard, daughter of Bill & Libby Howard who lived at 2 Oxford, Bill bought and  renovated 3 Oxford and then sold it to the Hunts. 
Story 3: From a real estate notation: "Unique contemp blt around a historic log frame."  This is probably the building built for Edward Friedlander.  
Story 4: According to the phone books there was another house at # 3 1/2 Oxford.  Those living in the house according to the Terrace Park phone books were: 1963-4 Larry and Flo Lewis (no phone); 1965-6 James and Sandra Miller; 1967-70 none listed; 1971-2 Larry and Linda King; 1973-6 Stanley and Jody Malone (no phone 1973-4); 1978-82 Dave Magy
 (no phone).  What happened to that house?
Story 5: This home was on the 16 October 2016 Terrace Park House Tour, Eclectic Terrace Park.  "A riverside retreat!  A year-round getaway, lovingly called the mullet house, for business in the front and party in the back!  Originall a fishing camp in the 20's, additions have been added with the final completed in 2014.  In the detached summer house are tin kitchen cabinets that came from the orignial kitchen" of 803 Floral.   
Story 5:
1959-64 Directories: Joe & Connie Mullins & E. C. Owens
1965-72 Directories: Mrs. Connie Mullins
1973-76 Directories:  
1978 Directory: Connie Mullins (Sold 1978)
1980 Directory: T. A. Bonet/Jim & Maureen Hunt 
1982 Directory: Jim & Maureen Hunt
1984-97 Directories: ''     (Sold 1985)
1998-99 Directory: "     (Sold 1999)
2000-12 Directories: Jim & Jenni Pustinger
2015 Directory: Matthew & Emily Parker