Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 222  Street: Oxford Name: Emil & Fannie Rauscher House
Family: Seward Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: N
Built: 1886 Sec: 23 Sub: Pattison & Iuen Lot: 8-9
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 9 Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1999 - Sewards remodeled 2 bathrooms and kitchen (Architect: Cabinetry Concepts; Contractor: Ryan remodeling).  2001 - in ground pool (Kramer pools).  2002 - permit for M&M Tom Seward to add garden room out front of existing garage, add 1 car bay to side of garage  and storage area.  (Existing 2 car garage has garden storage /potting area.  Proposed 3 car garage would have garden/all purpose room and storage.)  Ryan remodeling and Architects Plus.  
Current Owner: Nancy C. Seward Date Fr: 1995 Date To: 
Original Owner: Emil & Fannie Rauscher Date Fr: 1886 Date To: 1905
Owner 1: George G. Ludwig Date Fr 1: 1905 Date To 1: 1913
Owner 2: Evelyn Stuntz Date Fr 2: 1913 Date To 2: 1919
Owner 3: Laura H. McKay (& Jas. R.) Date Fr 3: 1919 Date To 3: 1928
Owner 4: Horatio L. Buckingham (Susie Buckingham in 1933) Date Fr 4: 1928 Date To 4: 1951
Owner 5: Roma B. Flint Date Fr 5: 1951 Date To 5: 1954
Owner 6: Henry Samuel & Mary Gerard Cone Date Fr 6: 1954 Date To 6: 1972
Owner 7: P. G. & L. "Lollie" Bailey Date Fr 7: 1972 Date To 7: 1985
Owner 8: Thomas G. & Nancy C. Seward  Date Fr 8: 1985 Date To 8: 1995
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Peter G. & Loretta Bailey. 8-9 PI
Description: 2 1/2 story Victorian Farmhouse, siding, hip & gable roofs. 
Story 1: Emil (brother of Ida Rauscher Breiling and Emma Rauscher Hoffman) & Fannie Rauscher - great uncle & aunt of Helen Christopher Barnett.   Walter and Irvin J. Rauscher, sons, lived here as children.  These two, the Rauscher Brothers, had a gas station and garage in Milford just over the bridge on the right (torn down 1975 - see Milford Calendar 2001) .
Story 2: Mary Gerard Cone lived as a child with her parents at 732 Miami.  Later moved away to the Cleveland area, then to her mother's younger brother's home (725 Yale) and to 602 Miami.  
Story 3: H. Samuel Cone was born September 20, 1923 and died September 24, 2010, aged 87 years, buried Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH, Craver Riggs Funeral Home. 
1939 Map: Forshee (moved to 301 Stanton)
1942 Map: no name
1951/3 Map: Buckingham; Albert Flint
1959-70 Directories: Sam & Mary Cone
1971-72 Direct: ''   (Sold 1972)
1973-80 Directories: Pete & Lolly Bailey (moved from Simpsonville MD with 2 sets of twins)
1982 Directory: Pete Bailey
1984 Directory: ''   (Sold 1985)
1986-2012 Directories: Thomas & Nancy Seward