Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deeds Click here to see census
No: Street: Oxford Name: Terrace Park Country Club. Clubhouse 1915-circa 1930
Family: Pruiss Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: Y
Built: 1915 Sec: 23 Sub: Pattison & Iuen Lot: Pt 62-63, pt vacant street
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 5 Original  Use: Terrace Park  Country Club Clubhouse  Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1933 - converted to a private residence.  1984 - Ross remodeling: added master bedroom and full bath on upper level, divided lower level into 3 bedrooms, full bath, laundry room and basement.  New interior systems (wiring, plumbing, heating/AC) and exterior (roof and siding).  Thermopane windows and screens. (Batt) insulation.
Current Owner: Jeanette MacMillan (& Carl) Pruiss  Date Fr: 1988 Date To: 
Original Owner: Terrace Park Country Club Date Fr: 1910 Date To: 1933
Owner 1: Alvin Hodges Date Fr 1: 1933 Date To 1: 1942
Owner 2: Carl R. & Margaret M. "Marjorie" Hettrick Date Fr 2: 1942 Date To 2: 1981
Owner 3: Harry S. Ross Date Fr 3: 1981 Date To 3: 1986
Owner 4: Jeanette C. MacMillan Date Fr 4: 1986 Date To 4: 1988
Owner 5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
Owner 6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
Owner 7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
Owner 8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Margeret M. Hettrick
Description: The original building of the Terrace Park Country Club with a large ballroom on the upper floor with a river stone fireplace and cathedral ceiling, open porch to the rear overlooking the Little Miami River.  Lower level had a locker room. 6 golf holes, 4 clay tennis courts and outdoor dance floor.  According to a letter from the Country Club in 2004, the Terrace Park Country Club was founded in 1900 within the Village of Terrace Park, incorporated in 1910 and moved to its Milford location in 1931.  There's more information in this web site with 103 Miami and in the Terrace Park Historical Society archives.  
Story 1: The old beams have been retained to support the cathedral ceiling. The outdoor dance floor is still in place.  The skeleton of the house remains with its river stone fireplace and foundation.
Story 2: Carl Hettrick died September 13, 1975.
Story 3: Information about Jeanette Pruiss as a weaver in the file.  Article about Jeanette & Carl Pruiss in the Village Views, September 2001.                         
Jeanette MacMillan Pruiss, a native Cincinnatian, received her Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in art from Edgecliff College.  She learned weaving 40 years ago at the Cincinnati Art Museum under Hazel Walters Keethler.  Jeanette has been commissioned to weave hangings, tapestries, and liturgical textiles for corporations and churches in Ohio, Indiana and Pennsylvania.  She was a founding partner in Peach Mountain Studio, a weaving, spinning and knitting shop in Madeira, and taught textile arts for 21 years at Edgecliff College.  Jeanette was president of the Weavers Guild of Greater Cincinnati from 1959-61.  (from an undated card about her)
Story 4: Carl Pruiss died 8 June 2010 at the age of 84 from complications of heart disease. 
Story 5: The Pruiss home was on the 1992 Sunday December 6 "An Historic Walk Through Terrace Park" TP Garden Club House Tour .  Homes were open from 1-5 PM.  Proceeds were used for village beautification. 
1942 Map: Hettrick
1951/3 Map: Carl Hettrick (was listed on Hawthorn)
1959-1980 Directories: Carl & Marge Hettrick
1982-86 Directories: Harry S. Ross
1988-2009 Directories: Carl & Jeanette MacMillan Pruiss
2011-12 Directory: Jeanette MacMillan Pruiss