Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index
No: 823  Street: Miami Name: 
Family: SOLD Owner Info: Y
Built: 1964 Sec: 22 Sub: Sibley's 2nd BL 12 Lot: 20 - 23
Architect: Home Graph Co. Cont/Build: Ader Inc. (Bud Ader, Tom's Dad)
#Owners: 3F Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: Y  Add To: N Sub From: N Replace: Y
Replaces summer cottage
Current Owner: Date Fr: 2016 Date To: 
Original: Eugene E. Ader (& Verian P. Ader) Date Fr: 1964 Date To: 1966
Owner 1: Roger T. & Patricia F. Beglen Date Fr 1: 1966 Date To 1: 1974
Owner 2: Patricia Farr Beglen Date Fr 2: 1974 Date To 2: 2015
Owner 3:  Chasen Drackett Date Fr 3: 2015 Date To 3: 2016
Owner 4:  Date Fr 4:  Date To 4: 
Owner 5:  Date Fr 5:  Date To 5: 
Owner 6:  Date Fr 6:  Date To 6: 
Owner 7:  Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 
Owner 8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
Owner 9: Date Fr 9: Date To 9:
Owner 10: Date Fr 10: Date To 10:
1975 Owner:  Patricia Farr Beglen. 20-21-22-23-24-25 Sib 2
Description: 1 story "Brick & clapboard contemporary Cape Cod"(?), gable roof:  3 bed rooms, 2 baths, full basement.
Story 1: In 1913 Michael Leaf sold 3.214 acres to Mary B. & Elyn B. Andrew for a summer cottage.  The deed reserved for Michael a fifteen-foot roadway for access to and from his "Edgewater camp and other premises".  That restriction remains in subsequent deeds.  (From November 2007 Village Views article by Esther Power)
Story 2: There was a summer home at the rear of the property many years ago owned by the Andrew sisters. They traveled by electric carriage (was this probably "car") from Hyde Park.  The cottage was burned in 1955 (owned by F. A. Klenk on East McMillan).
Story 3:  The summer cottage here was owned by the Andrew sisters.  They are the ones for whom Caroline Burger (731 & 801 Miami Avenue) worked as a child for 25 cents an hour, doing household chores.  Their brother  was a large stockholder in the Newport Steel Mills.  The sisters were there when the Stoecklins moved to 816 Miami in 1941.  The Andrew sisters had a garage in the middle of their yard for their electric car.  There was much more land behind the house to the river than there is now.  Mary & Elyn Andrew owned the land at 810 Miami Avenue from 1922-1942.  
Story 4: Stan Miller Scrapbooks 1960-80.  Fire at 823 Miami - 5 room house, home of Leo Zeigler & Harold Oiler (no date).  (Did Zeigler, Oiler & Dolwig rent from Klenk?)
1942 Map: Klenk (summer cottage)
1951/3 Map: M. S. Dolwig
1959 Directory:  
1960 Directory:  
1962-63 Direct:  
1963-64 Direct:  
1965-66 Direct:  
1967-74 Directories: Roger & Pat Beglen 
1975-76 Direct: Gregg & Geoff Beglen
1978 Directory: Pat "Patty" Beglen
1980 Directory: "
1982-2009 Directories: "
2011-12 Directories: Patty Beglan