Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 625  Street: Miami Name: 
Family: Rushing Owner Info: Y
Built: 1925 Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's 3rd BL 18 Lot: 4-5-6
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 9F+ Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1967 - damaged by fire and restored by Tim Jackson, contractor.  1984 - Yeltons expanded the house: added an open deck, dining room and a large bedroom with half bath.  1991 - Flach Douglas built a screen porch on the existing deck.  1994 - permit for Flach Douglas to remodel the kitchen: opened up earlier space by removing the wall between the kitchen & dining room (Randall Hershey, architect; Bill Marshall (Marshal Howe Homes), contractor).
Current Owner: Jerry & Betty Rushing Date Fr: 2010 Date To: 
Original Owner: (see earlier deeds) George Wood Date Fr: 1934 Date To: 1936
Owner 1: Grace C. Wood Date Fr 1: 1936 Date To 1: 1941
Owner 2: Lee White Russell Date Fr 2: 1941 Date To 2: 1947
Owner 3: Robert C. & Marian W. Thomas Date Fr 3: 1947 Date To 3: 1950
Owner 4: Louise K. Tooker Date Fr 4: 1950 Date To 4: 1957
Owner 5: Ralph A. Tooker Date Fr 5: 1957 Date To 5: 1959
Owner 6: Mildred M. Tooker Date Fr 6: 1959 Date To 6: 1960
Owner 7: Gloria I. Palm Date Fr 7: 1960 Date To 7: 1960
Owner 8: Minna T. Iden Date Fr 8: 1960 Date To 8: 1965
Owner 9: Elizabeth Elphick Cook Date Fr 9: 1965 Date To 9: 1968
Owner 10: Kenneth E. & Mary J. Yelton (1989 just Kenneth) Date Fr 10: 1968 Date To 10: 1990
Owner 11: Flach & Barbara R. Douglas Date Fr 11: 1990 Date To 11: 2010
Owner 12: Date Fr 12: Date To 12:
1975 Owner:  Kenneth E. Yelton. 4-5-6 Sib 3
Description: 1 story, siding, low gable roof.
Story 1: Sara Thomas Dunsford lived here with her parents and her dog, Andy, while attending the Terrace Park School.  The family moved to California where she finished high school in 1955.  Then they returned to the Cincinnati area and lived on Beech Street in Mariemont until after Sara was married at St. Thomas Church in 1960.   She graduated from Miami University in 1959 and then worked for Albert Graves of 401 Marietta at the Central Trust Bank in Cincinnati.   Sara's father retired in 1960 and her parents moved to Carmel, California.  There are pictures of their 625 Miami Avenue home  in the TP Historical Society house notebooks.  (Information from Sara Dunsford in 2010)
Story 2: When Sarah Thomas Dunsford visited the Rushing family here we also learned the "the river rock has been closed in by dry wall and brick".  Betty Rushing commented, "It would be fantastic to 'unveil' it someday". 
1939 Map: Woods
1942 Map: Geis
1951/3 Map: Ralph A. Tooker
1959-60 Directories: Ralph Tooker
1962-63 Directory: Gloria Iden Palm (moved from 109 Red Bird)
1963-64 Directory: ''    (later Gloria Giannestra)
1965-68 Directories: Mrs. Lisa Cook
1969-74 Directories: Ken & Mary Jane Yelton
1975-76 Directory: ''     & Geraldine M. Yelton
1978 Directory: ''             ''   (moved to 319 Harvard)
1980-88 Directories: Ken & Mary Jane Yelton
1990-2007 Directories: Flach & Barbara Douglas (moved from Milford)
2008-09 Directory: "       (Sold 2010 Jerry & Betty Rushing moved from 715 Lexington)
2011-12 Directory: