Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 721  Street: Lexington Name:  Fitzsimmons House
Family: Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: N
Built: 1908 Sec: 22 Sub: Sibley's 2nd BL 9 Lot: 28-31
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 11F Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1971 - John Morgan added a 15'4" x 18" den.  1974 - John Morgan added a tool shed.  1979 removed the family  room and added a family room and bed room (Joan Morgan later Annan).  1993 - permit for Joan E. Annan  to demolish the old garage and add a 2 car garage with work and storage areas (Kevan McKay, contractor).  1998 - Annans added a new deck and sun room, removed the old deck and added a 3 season "no conditioned air" Luxury Room (Contractor: Patio Rooms of America; Architect: Temo Inc.).  2014 - Tim & Christy Hampton added a patio & fire pit in their back yard (Lawnscapers Inc.)
Current Owner: Tim & Christy Hampton Date Fr: 2014 Date To: 
Original Owner: James R. Fitzsimmons Date Fr: 1908 Date To: 1920
Owner 1: Joseph Bosh Jr.   Date Fr 1: 1920 Date To 1: 1928
Owner 2: Eleanor K. Berens (for rental) Date Fr 2: 1928 Date To 2: 1934
Owner 3: Hudson Biery Date Fr 31934 Date To 3: 1949
Owner 4: Jane C. Sherman Date Fr 4: 1949 Date To 4: 1953
Owner 5: John F. & Grace H. Martin Date Fr 5: 1953 Date To 5: 1955
Owner 6: John F. Martin Date Fr 6: 1955 Date To 6: 1955
Owner 7: Harriet & Alfred Plimmer Date Fr 7: 1955 Date To 7: 1956
Owner 8: John M. Williams Date Fr 8: 1956 Date To 8: 1962
Owner 9: John J. & Muriel Alice Conway Date Fr 9: 1962 Date To 9: 1967
Owner 10: Harold H. & Marilyn Hall Date Fr 10: 1967 Date To 10: 1969
Owner 11: Dr. John A. & Joan E. Morgan Date Fr 11: 1969 Date To 11: 1971
Owner 12: Joan E. Morgan (Joan Annan by 1994) Date Fr 121971 Date To 122014
Owner 13: Date Fr. 13: Date To 13:
Owner 14: Date Fr. 14: Date To 14:
1975 Owner:  Joan E. Morgan. Lots 29-31
Description: 2 1/2 story Victorian, siding, gable roof. 
Story1: See story 2 at 206 Stanton.  The 1949 dates cannot be right (???) according to the Proctors who say the Bierys lived here while their 206 Stanton house was being made into a 1 family home to sell.  
Story 2: Thomas Sherman, who was about 7 years old when they moved away from Terrace Park, stopped by on August 12, 2002.  He is now 57 years old.  Annans have his card and will stay in touch,  trying to gather more information.
Story 3: This house was bought by the Berens family (509 Marietta) in the 1920s for rental.  One of the renters was the Biery family.  Father Cyprian Berens says the bank foreclosed on both their houses in 1937 so perhaps that's when the Bierys bought it.  
Story 4:  From the deeds, it looks as if James Fitzsimmons died in 1920 and his wife, Anna, sold the house in February to Joseph Bosh Jr. The 1920 census finds Anna with 3 daughters (Katherine 10, Elizabeth 9 and Margaret 5 yrs. & 6 mos.) living in Milford on Miami Street with her Irish mother who is taking in laundry.  
Story 5: This home of Joni Morgan was on the 1984 December 9 "Poinsettia Parade" TP Garden Club House Tour.  It was a Sunday, homes were open from 3-7 PM and advance tickets were $3, $3.50 on the day.  Proceeds were used for village beautification.  The Community House was open for Refreshments, Poinsettia Sale, Tour Tickets and Cook Books. 
Story 6: Edward Gerard Annan was born 13 September 1939 and died 23 December 2007, aged 68 years, buried in St. Thomas Columbarium, Section 7, Niche 207, Craver Riggs Funeral Home. 
1939 Map: Biery
1942 Map: Biery
1951/3 Map: John N. Sherman
1959-63 Directories: John & Ruth Williams
1963-66 Directories: Jack & Muriel Conway
1967-68 Direct: Harold & Marilyn Hall (moved from 603 Floral)
1969-70 Direct:  
1971-93 Directories: Dr. John & Joan Morgan (1969 from Pittsburgh)
1994-2003 Directories: Ed & Joni Morgan Annan 
2004-07 Direct: Ed & Joni Annan
2008-12 Directories: Joni Annan