Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 332  Street: Harvard Name: 
Family: Ziegler Owner Info: Y
Built: 1938 Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City Lot: 110
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners:  Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1962 - Malmsbergers added a frame family room (not mentioned as such in real estate write up after 1990), bed and bath rooms to the rear.    1990 - Powers did extensive remodeling.  They opened up the inside with cathedral ceilings, exposed beams and a skylight in one bathroom.  Outside they built a 29 ft. deck and extended the kitchen wall out 5 ft. on the west side of the house.  The cedar front of the house is highlighted by fish scale shakes, a large Palladian window and a changed front door and step.  2006 Lazarus/Barnes permit to add & remodel - add 2nd floor to existing 1st story structure (Drackett-Harth, Nevine Noujaim, architect.    2007 - Extensive remodeling including removing much of the front of the house but retaining the fireplace.  "Adding a 2nd floor, and loft, as well as moving the screened in porch into the interior of the house.  We have plans the keep the 'charm' (the original fireplace and the Palladian window up front [actually there was no such window in the original house - see picture]) stay in the footprint, but enlarge the home. ... interested in maintaining as much of the character of the house as possible, but also presenting a home more suitable to Terrace Park" (information from Ann Lazarus-Barnes).  
Current Owner: David M. & Elizabeth H. Ziegler Date Fr: 2013 Date To: 
Original Owner: Clara S. E. Graul to Penelope Mussey  Date Fr: 1937 Date To: 1937
Owner 1: Daniel Hughes; to Lucile Hughes in 1940 Date Fr 1: 1937 Date To 1: 1956
Owner 2: Rubie S. Helt Date Fr 2: 1956 Date To 2: 1960
Owner 3: Kenneth B. & Dawn C. Malsberger Date Fr 3: 1960 Date To 3: 1966
Owner 4: Robert L. & Lynn J. Davison Date Fr 4: 1966 Date To 4: 1969
Owner 5: Richard M. & Helen L. Smith Date Fr 5: 1969 Date To 5: 1986
Owner 6: Anthony M. & Holly F. F. Power Date Fr 6: 1986 Date To 6: 1992
Owner 7: Jeffrey L & Justine Bruner Date Fr 7: 1992 Date To 7: 1997
Owner 8: Richard F. Kezer (father of Ann Lazarus-Barnes)  Date Fr 8: 1997 Date To 8: 1998
Owner 9: Ann K. Lazarus-Barnes (when sold name changed to just Lazarus) Date Fr 9: 1998 Date To 9: 2013
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Richard M. Smith. 110 Sib 1
Description: Originally a 1 story home, cedar siding, gable roof, now greatly enlarged 2 story.  
Story 1: Holly Power believes the house was originally a Sears house - small with four gables.  Virgil Fender disagrees.  Probably not Sears as no documentation to believe it is.  Holly is a daughter of Esther Power. 
Story 2: Francis Eiger gave piano lessons as did also Mrs. John Kortheuer
Story 3: In 1976 the Terrace Park tree nursery was next to this house.
Story 4: Robert L. Davison was born in 1940 and died in 1983, buried in St. Thomas Church Columbarium, Section 8, Niche 238. 
1939 Map: Hoffman
1942 Map: Hoffman
1951/3 Map: Louis E. (Francis) Eigher (Eighers also at 326 Harvard)
1959 Directory: John & Nancy Kortheuer (she was a piano teacher)
1960 Directory:  
1962-66 Directories: Kenneth & Dawn Malsberger
1967-68 Direct: Robert & Lynn Davison
1969-70 Direct: Richard & Leonene Smith
1971-72 Direct: Richard & Leonene Smith & Cathy L. Smith
1973-80 Directories: ''      & Helen M. Haas '' 
1982-86 Directories: "
1988-91 Directories: Anthony & Holly Power
1992-97 Directories: Jeff & Justine Bruner
1998-2003 Directories: Ann Lazarus
2004-12 Directories: Ann Lazarus & Gary Barnes
2015 Directory: David & Liz Ziegler