Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photos Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 305  Street: Harvard Name: 
Family: Compton/Kahn Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: N
Built: 1914  Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City Lot: 138, pt 137
Architect:  Cont/Build: 
#Owners: 7 Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: Y Replace: N
Very extensive remodeling for the Pardues in 1996 including moving the driveway to the east end of Amherst.  Many pictures in the file of the remake of the house.  1998 - removed existing shed and built 2 car detached garage at the back of the lot.  Both 1996 and 1998 by Charles S. Keffer, builder and RWA, architect.
Current Owner: Joseph C. Compton & Kathryn R. Kahn Date Fr: 2016 Date Toc: 
Original Owner: James W. Sibley to Anna G. Burt in 1888; to Sallie S.(G?) Robertson in 1890; to Anne N. Hartdegen  Date Fr: 1917 Date To: 1934
Owner 1: Lloyd - Anna West 1934 [233] Date Fr 1: 1934 Date To 1: 
Owner 2: Lloyd - Henrietta S. 1927 [234]  ??? Ann W. et al Date Fr 2:  Date To 2: 
Owner 3: Maude N. Ross Date Fr 3:  Date To 3: 1957
Owner 4: Thomas C. & Suzanne R. Collins Date Fr 4: 1957 Date To 4: 1964
Owner 5: Donald W. & Marjorie H. Van Meter Date Fr 5: 1964 Date To 5: 1985
Owner 6: Terry B. & Ann M. Pardue Date Fr 6: 1985 Date To 6: 2014
Owner 7: Lisa H. & Jeffrey E. Hoberg Date Fr 7:  Date To 7: 2016
Owner 8:  Date Fr 8:  Date To 8: 
Owner 9:  Date Fr 9:  Date To 9: 
Owner 10:  Date Fr 10:  Date To 10: 
1975 Owner:  Donald W. Van Meter. 138 pt 137 Sib 1
Description: 2 story, stucco & siding, expanded "four-square", hip & gable roof. 
Story 1: A very interesting story from Kathy Van Meter-Lathem received January 1, 2004.  "We were told that the original house, in which we lived, was built by the owners of 311 Harvard for their daughter who was living in England.  She agreed to come back to Terrace Park when her father built an exact replica of the home in which she was living in England.  It is our understanding that the exposed beams in our living room are some of the original features the Pardues kept with this remodel.  Sam Hicks spent many boyhood hours at 305 visiting his Aunt.  He was a fellow church member at First Baptist Church Milford who came to visit us and he realized it was his Aunt's former home."  This story  needs further investigation.  
Story 3: Anna West Lloyd was born 11 February 1849 and died 4 June 1942, aged 93 years, buried in Section 12 of Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH, Wiltsee Funeral Home. 
Story 3: Mary Annett thought she remembered Sam Ross living here probably in the 1950s.  His father was Judge Ross - his mother probably Maud.
1939 Map: Hebble (renter?)
1942 Map: Hebble (renter?)
1951/3 Map: Howard Hebble (renter?) (moved to 717 Lexington)
1959-63 Directories: Tom & Sue Collins
1963-64 Direct:  
1965-82 Directories: Donald & Marjorie Van Meter
1984 Directory: ''      (Sold 1985)
1986-93 Directories: Terry & Ann Pardue
1994-95 Direct: ----
1996-2012 Directories: Terry & Ann Pardue (moved from 411 Cornell?)