Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deed index Click here for census
No: 202  Street: Harvard (originally 414 Miami) Name: 
Family: Long Owner Info: N
Built:  1888 (Mrs. Rixey's date) (not before 1885) Sec: 23 Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City Lot: Irr pt 83-84
Architect:  Cont/Build: J. W. Sibley? (same as 214 Harvard?)
#Owners: 14? Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1967 - Hank & Nancy Neighbors built the garage.  1973 - Tom & Janet Stollmaier added the family room.  1975 - Stollmaiers added a shed to the garage for storage.  1977 -  Stollmaiers added a 2nd floor master bedroom.  1982 - Stollmaiers removed the old cesspool and leach lines and put in a septic system.  1993 - permit for Clare & Brett Richart to convert a closet to a half bath, build a front porch over a stoop and  build a side porch over a slab (Otto Bauer-Nilsen Jr., architect; Jim Wengert, contractor) - also Richarts say they had a new kitchen and roof.  1996 - permit for the Richerts to remodel 2 bathrooms (Mark McConnell, architect; Steve Barber, contractor).  2007 permit for Doug Burgess to make a 2nd story addition and build a deck (Michaelson Homes).  
Current Owner: Michael & Erika Long Date Fr: 2015 Date To: 
Original Owner: James W. Sibley to Nicholas Conrady in 1886; to B. A. Washington #4 in 1897 Date Fr: 1897 Date To: 1899
Owner 1: Mary Leahey Date Fr 1: 1899 Date To 1: 1916
Owner 2: (K. M. J. Grace - probably didn't live there) John F. Grace Date Fr 2: 1916 Date To 2: 1941
Owner 3: Margueritee R. Wickemeyer Date Fr 3: 1941 Date To 3: 1948
Owner 4: Hazel A. & George C. Hayward Date Fr 4: 1948 Date To 4: 1950
Owner 5: Helen Ruth & William R. Onken Date Fr 5: 1950 Date To 5: 1955
Owner 6: Henry "Hank"F.  & Nancy F. Neighbors Date Fr 61955 Date To 61963
Owner 7: B. Mark & Vivian M. Gingrich  Date Fr 71963 Date To 71973
Owner 8Tomas A. & Janet S. Stollmaier Date Fr 81973 Date To 81986
Owner 9: Georgiana B. Howe Date Fr.9: 1986 Date  To 9: 1992
Owner 10R. Brett & Clare W. Richart Date Fr 101992 Date To 101998
Owner 11James C. Schmidt Date Fr 111998 Date To 112007
Owner 12Douglas J. & Debra K. Burgess Date Fr 122007 Date To 122015
Owner 13: Date Fr 13: Date To 13:
Owner 14: Date Fr 14: Date To 14:
Owner 15: Date Fr. 15: Date To 15:
1975 Owner:  Thomas A. & Janet S. Stolmaier. Ir pt 83-84 Sib 1
Description: 2 story Victorian, siding, gable roof: 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths.
Story 1: 1891 listing at corner of Miami & Harvard: Nicholas Conrady - tailor, Lulu Conrady - seamstress. 1897 (same address) Charles Underwood - painter.  1911-12 Directory: John Grace (Julia) - plasterer.   

John Grace - painter & plasterer married Julie Moran (214 Harvard)

Story 2: This house cannot have been built in 1895, as the Auditor's office lists, since the Conradys were listed as living  there in 1891.  J. W. Sibley bought the property in 1885 and the Conrady's bought it from him in 1886, which would make Mrs. Rixey's building date of 1888 make sense. 
Story 3:  This house originally faced Miami (414 Miami) and the living room was two rooms with a fireplace on each side.  Every room had a fireplace which the Gingrichs removed.  When the Stollmaiers bought the house "there was still a flour grinder on the kitchen wall".  Mrs. Rixey said the house was built in 1888.  She also said two sisters each had a house on the street - 202 and 214 Harvard.  Between them was farm land with arbors, chickens, cows and gardens.  Mrs. Rixey played in the house growing up.  
Story 4: K. M. J. (Cecelia or Seal) Grace (listed as owner #2) probably never lived here but owned a lot of property in Terrace Park and other areas but lived in Hyde Park.  She is a sister of John Grace (listed as owner on the 1939 map of Terrace Park), who was a painter and plasterer.  He married Julie Moran of 214 Harvard.   
Story 5: Hank & Nancy Neighbors' son James Clark Neighbors was born 6 May 1955 and died (aged 24 years) 4 May 1980, buried 10 May 1980 in Spring Grove Cemetery.  
1939 Map: Grace (was 414 Miami)
1942 Map: Wickemeyer (was 414 Miami)
1951/3 Map: William Onken (was 414 Miami)
1959-64 Directories: Hank & Nancy Neighbors
1965-72 Directories: Mark & Vivian Gingrich
1973-84 Directories: Tom & Janet Stollmaier (moved from 708 Lexington & to 717 Lexington)
1986 Directory: ''        (Sold 1986)
1988-91 Directories: Fred & Georgiana Howe
1992-93 Directory: ----     (Sold 1992)
1994-95 Directory: Brett & Claire Richart
1996-97 Directory: ''        (moved to 403 Stanton)
1998-2005 Directories: James Schmidt   (Sold 1998)
2006-09 Directories: "        (Sold 2007)
2011-12 Directories: Doug & Debra Burgess