Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo Click here to see deed index Click here to see census
No: 822  Street: Floral Name: 1st Gunnison House in Terrace Park
Family: Wood Plaque: 2008 Owner Info: Y
Built: 1938/9 Sec: 22 Sub: Sibley's 2nd BL4 Lot: 49-50-51
Architect: Prefab-Gunnison Cont/Build: Walter Gingrich
#Owners: 8 Original Use: Residential Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: ? Replace: N
1964 - split level added 16' x 24' family room, master bedroom, bath and 2 car garage (Richard Hildbold).  1974-5? - second floor added.  At least some remodeling by Norval Julnes for Hildbold.  1997 - permit for Jack Wood to raise the porch floor, add a dining nook off the kitchen and repair a partial deck (Jane Yancey, architect; James Glaser, contractor).
Current Owner: Jack Arthur & Katy Thorpe Wood Date Fr: 1994 Date To: 
Original Owner: Franklin III & Virginia Alter Date Fr: 1938 Date To: 1945
Owner 1: Clio M. & Arthur Reinberger Date Fr 1: 1945 Date To 1: 1949
Owner 2: Hester Lang (& R.) Date Fr 2: 1949 Date To 2: 1955
Owner 3: Richard Lee & Norvita D. Hildbold Date Fr 3: 1955 Date To 3: 1971
Owner 4: Richard "Rick" H. & Sutphin (& Carolyn) Date Fr 4: 1971 Date To 41975
Owner 5: Samuel M. & Barbara N. Scroggins  Date Fr 51975 Date To 5: 1978
Owner 6: Alan W. & Elizabeth Smith-Peterson Date Fr 61978 Date To 61994
Owner 7 Date Fr 7 Date To 7
Owner 8 Date Fr 8 Date To 8
Owner 9 Date Fr 9 Date To 9
Owner 10: Date Fr 10: Date To 10:
1975 Owner:  Richard H. Sutphin % Samuel M. & Barbara Scoggins
Description: Built as Gunnison: 4 room 1 bath Ranch, siding, gable roof.  (see early pictures)
Story 1: 1st Gunnison home in Terrace Park.  Village Council came to check it over after foundation was already in - don't know why.
Story 2: Ginny Alter went to Indiana to visit Gunnison factory to find out how Gunnison houses were built (Mildred Gilmore, who lives in a Gunnison house - 807 Lexington).
Story 3: "Comey and Shepherd was the agent for Gunnison Homes and Harold Comey sold us the house.  Walter Gingrich was the builder.  The foundation - full basement - was built in one week.  Three weeks later we moved in - total 1 month.  Mr. Comey even came over and planted flowers in the window boxes. " Information from Ginny Alter, May 1997.
Story 4: The Hildbolds moved to Terrace Park in 1955 because of the Hawkes at 403 Miami.  The Hildbolds had earlier been coming out to visit Aunt Louella & Uncle George Hawke.  Mrs. Hawke was Dick Hildbold's mother's sister. 
1939 Map: Alter
1942 Map: Franklin Alter (moved to 810 Myrtle)
1951/3 Map: Richard Lang
1959-70 Directories: Richard & Norvita Hildbold
1971-72 Directory: ''     (moved to 212 Cambridge)
1973-74 Directory: Rick & Carolyn Sutphin (1972 from Indian Hill)
1975-76 Directory: Samuel & Barbara Scoggins
1978 Directory: ----
1980-93 Directories: Alan & Sissy Smith-Peterson
1994-95 Directory: ---- (Sold 1994)
1996-2001 Directories: Jack & Katy Wood
2002-03 Directory: Katy Wood
2004-12 Directories: Jack & Katy Wood