|Click here to see photos|
|No: Miami Grove||Street: Elm||Name:|
|#Owners:||Original Use: Residential||Current Use: Miami Grove Nature Preserve|
|Current Owner; Village of Terrace Park||Date Fr:||Date To:|
|Original Owner:||Date Fr:||Date To:|
Henry Earl Runyon, who was a merchant at Miami Grove, died June 6, 1976.
Old Miami Grove Dance Hall was owned by Carl W. Hartman and included 5 acres. 1959.
1920s - summer cottages
1930s - low income housing
1937 - Alvin Hodges purchased it from his father, Henry.
1954 - "Earl's Cafe" TP citizens petition to protest
1957 - May 20 - see Times Star
1959 - Flood. Hamilton County Health Department Sanitation Department inspection.
1961 - families were moved out
1965 - Tract purchased by Village or TP subject to life estate of Alvin Hodges & wife.
1965 - Mrs. Hodges granted to Village the right to remove all buildings and structures except 3.
1966 - Mrs. Hodges conveyed to TP her life interest in all property
- Cottages were burned as training exercise of TP Fire Department?