Terrace Park, Ohio Building Survey

Click here to see photo
No: 718  Street: Elm Name: Log Cabin
Family: Village of Terrace Park Owner Info: N
Built: 1936 Sec:  Sub:  Lot: 
Architect:  Cont/Build: WPA
#Owners:  Original Use: Recreation Current Use: Recreation (mainly Boy Scouts)
CHANGES As Built: N Add To: Y Sub From: N Replace: N
1997 permit for Drackett & Harth to build a garage (Architects +).  Additions 1983 (cedar siding) & 199?
Current Owner: Village of Terrace Park Date Fr:  Date To: 
Original Owner: Village of Terrace Park Date Fr:  Date To: 
1975 Owner:  Village of Terrace Park
Description: 1 story log (utility poles & siding) cabin, gable roof  with playing area (basketball) and Lindell Memorial Grove. 
Story 1: Lindell Memorial Grove on site.  1978 - in memory of former mayor Carl Lindell: mayor 1944-51 and 1964-71.
Story 2: A WPA project.  Part of Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal.   "Village recreation facility" but mainly used by Boy Scouts.  See pp. 66-67 in "A Place Called Terrace Park" - material taken from a letter to Ellis Rawnsley from Albert Allison whose idea the log cabin was (see letter in file).  See also Village Views Letter to the Editor by Albert W. Allison, September 1977.  Also see Log Cabin file in Subject file at TPHS for original Allison letter and more.
Story 3: According to Pat Fehl the Terrace Park Junior Garden Club met in the log cabin in the late 1930s and early 1940s for 2-3 years.