413 Terrace Place


General Information

No: 413
Street: Terrace Place
Name: N
Family: Wiebold Art Conservation Lab
Historic Plaque: N

Owner Info: Y
Built: N
Sec: 23
Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City
Lot: 113 & 114
Architect:
Cont/Build:

Description: 1 story brick & siding Ranch, gable roof.
Original Use: Commercial
Current Use: Commercial

CHANGES As Built: N
Add To: Y
Sub From: N
Replace: N

Changes Details: 1970 (connected front building to rear garage), 1986 (expanded 760 sq. ft. on NE corner) & 1991 - Charles Wiebold made additions. 1972 - Wiebold erected a 9' x 10' storage shed for business. Sept 7, 1976 - Charles L. W. Wiebold bid $16,050.00 to purchase lots 113 & 114 (rear?). Purpose - for addition to existing building & parking. I propose to let the Village continue to use the remainder of these lots as tree sanctuary. - land on Harvard behind Wiebold. May 4 offered $10,000 for lot behind studio & market.


Owners:


Current Owner: Bill Wiebold (Art Conservation Lab)
Curr Date Fr: 1966
Curr Date To:

Original Owner: Faye B. Corey
Date Fr: 1947
Date To: 1953

Owner 1: Maro Morris Day
Date Fr 1: 1953
Date To 1: 1958

Owner 2: Joseph W. Nordloh
Date Fr 2: 1958
Date To 2: 1966

Owner 3: Loretta Wiebold
Date Fr 3: 1966
Date To 3: 1970

Owner 4: Mary Barrett, Trustee
Date Fr 4: 1970
Date To 4: 1970

Owner 5: Loretta M. & Charles C. Wiebold
Date Fr 5: 1970
Date To 5: 1991

Owner 6: Charles C. Wiebold EXP. N AF
Date Fr 6: 1991
Date To 6: 1994

Owner 7: Charles L. W. & Catherine Wiebold
Date Fr 7: 1994

1975 Owner: Loretta M. & Charles C. Wiebold pt lot 113 (business - lived at 213 Cambridge)


Stories

Story 1 : Thought to have been an empty lot until Robert Bob Corey purchased it from Louis Bosch in 1947 and built an ice cream parlor in the early 1950s which he and his wife, Faye, ran for a brief time, selling to Maro Day in 1953. According to Susan Heil Frank (and others) this was not just an ice cream parlor but a restaurant called the Parker House and was very popular with the young people.Faye Corey was the cook.
Story 2 : Trackside Treasures - article in Eastern Hamilton County Messenger, April 14, 1966. Trackside Treasures, an unusual new shop which will handle original paintings, sketches, crafts, decorative items and uniquely refinished furniture, will open for the first time Saturday in Terrace Park at 411 Terrace Place. Present plans call for the shop to be open three days a wee, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays form 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. However, merchandise will be shown at other hours by appointment. Trackside Treasures will be operated by Mr. and Mrs. William Donaldson of Terrace Park [211 Terrace Place]. The shop will have all one-of-a-kind offerings by local artists and craftsmen. Since article says 411 was it here at 413 or actually at 411?


Directories:

1951/3 Map:
Robert Corey

1978-82 Directories:
Wiebold Studio

1984 Directory:
Wiebold Art

1986-2004 Directories:
Wiebold Art Conservation Lab

2004-12 Directories:
Wiebold Studio Inc.