800 Park Avenue


General Information

No: 800
Street: Park
Name: N
Family: Knox
Historic Plaque: N

Owner Info: Y
Built: 1931
Sec: 29
Sub: Eveland
Lot: 5
Architect: Architect: Bird Houk & Associates; Contractor; Fletcher Homes). 2000 permit for Lois and Robert Knox to build a 2 car detached garage. Bird Houk Associates architect. (Front door moved from Park to Western)
Cont/Build: Miles & Harry Eveland

Description: 2 story brick Traditional, hip roof. In 1968: 2 story brick home including entrance hall with center stairway, living room with fireplace, dining room, kitchen, screened porch off living room on 1st floor; 3 bedrooms and bath on 2nd floor; attic storage area, outside entrance to full basement. Later must have added a powder room and study on the ground floor. In 2002 (information from Knox owners): 2 story brick with full basement, center and back stairways, and detached one and two car garages; first floor - two story foyer, library with fireplace, dining room and butler's pantry, great room, laundry room and half bath, kitchen, pantry and enclosed porch off of kitchen; second floor - four bedrooms, six closets and three baths.
Original Use: Residential
Current Use: Residential

CHANGES As Built: N
Add To: Y
Sub From: N
Replace: N

Changes Details: 1995 - redecorated and remodeled. 1999 - Lois and Robert Knox made a large addition to the rear (Architect: Bird Houk & Associates; Contractor; Fletcher Homes). 2000 permit for Lois and Robert Knox to build a 2 car detached garage. Bird Houk Associates architect. (Front door moved from Park to Western)


Owners:


Current Owner: Lois H. & Robert S. Knox
Curr Date Fr: 1998
Curr Date To:

Original Owner: Harry H. Eveland
Date Fr: 1931
Date To: 1940

Owner 1: Lucy M. Donovan
Date Fr 1: 1940
Date To 1: 1947

Owner 2: Margaret L. Dunlap
Date Fr 2: 1947
Date To 2: 1950

Owner 3: Neil P. McCracken
Date Fr 3: 1950
Date To 3: 1953

Owner 4: Lee H. & Margaret L. Hontz
Date Fr 4: 1953
Date To 4: 1959

Owner 5: Gayle W. & Mary H. Martin
Date Fr 5: 1959
Date To 5: 1962

Owner 6: Robert C. & Margaret Ruanne Terwillegar
Date Fr 6: 1962
Date To 6: 1968

Owner 7: Philip E. Jr. & Gail G. Stegemeyer
Date Fr 7: 1968
Date To 7: 1994

Owner 8 Robert L. & Linda A. Ross
Date Fr 8: 1994
Date To 8: 1998

1975 Owner: Philip E. Stegemeyer Jr. Eveland lot 5


Stories

Story 1 : According to Edna Heil the Donovans were an older couple who later built a home in New Richmond (up on a hill). Her husband's name was Frank. Edna thinks the wife was called Donnie. 2011 from Edna's daughter Susan - She says wife was called Daisy. They had no children but were like grandparen.s to the Heil girls even though they had grandparents in the city.
Story 2 : The Radcliffe house??? Rented by Greta and Bill Troescher (also lived at 801 Park, on 918 Princeton and on 706 Franklin). Greta and Bill are not related to the builder of 735 Park and 739 Park.
Story 3 : Philip Enders Stegemeyer Jr. was born 25 July 1924 and died 17 May 1995, aged 70 years.


Directories:

1939 Map:
Donovan

1942 Map:
Frank Donovan

1951/3 Map:
Neil P. McCracken

1959 Directory:
Lee & Peggy Hontz (moved to 720 Elm)

1960 Directory:
Gayle & Mary Martin

1962-66 Directories:
Robert & Ruanne Terwillegar

1967-68 Direct:
'' (moved to 723 Floral)

1969-95 Directories:
Philip & Gail Stegemeyer Jr.

1996-97 Direct:
Bob & Linda Ross

1998-99 Direct:
(Sold 1998)

2000-12 Directories:
Bob & Lois Knox