720 Park Avenue
Historic Plaque: N
Owner Info: Y
Sub: George W. Corey
Lot: 49, pt 48&50
Architect: Clermont Lumber Co.
Cont/Build: Santee Construction Co. - Frank Sorensen & George TenEyck
Description: Typical 1960s 2 story brick and wood siding Colonial, gable roof: 7 rooms, 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, full basement and attached 1 car garage
Original Use: Residential
Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built: N
Add To: Y
Sub From: N
Changes Details: F Only addition is deck. 2000 - fence.
Current Owner: Philip A. & Sue H. Dolan
Curr Date Fr: 2003
Curr Date To:
Original Owner: Stanley & Jane Harrier
Date Fr: 1965
Date To: Date To:
Owner 1: Patricia Jane Freeny Harrier Master
Date To 1: 2003
1975 Owner: Stanley C. Harrier
Story 1 : The carriage house of 722 Park was destroyed in 1963 to build this house. It was built for the market and tied up in Ten Eyck's estate when he drowned with a child in Michigan. The Harrier's bought it from Mrs. Ten Eyck. The Harriers moved from Sacramento CA with Jane Harrier's mother, Mrs. Ruth Freeny (from Indianapolis and then Los Angeles CA). She lived with them 4 years and taught piano as she had done in LA. Ruth was a graduate of The College of Musical Art, Indianapolis, Ruth C. Jewell, June 19, 1914. Her framed diploma hangs over her Steinway piano in this house (2014, granddaughter's home). She was a member of Sigma Alpha Iota, a professional Musical Fraternity for women. Ruth died 19 December, 1968. Betty Buschbacher (Sanders Realty) sold the Harriers the house.
Story 2 : Jane Harrier Master lived on Indian Hill with her 2nd husband. He, Hazen Parks Master, was born 25 August 1926 and died 10 July 2006, aged 79 years. Following his death Jane moved to 817 Myrtle.
Story 3 : The Dolan garden is on the TP Garden Club's 3 August 2010 Garden Walk.
---- (sold off of 722 Park)
Stan & Jane Harrier & Mrs. Ruth J. Freeny
Jane Harrier (rental property) (Sold 2003)
Phil & Sue Dolan (moved from 721 Indian Hill)