3 Oxford Avenue


General Information

No: 3
Street: Oxford
Name: N
Family: SOLD
Historic Plaque: N

Owner Info: N
Built: 1925
Sec: 23
Sub: Wanoka Woods & JW Sibley
Lot: Pt 3, pt 153
Architect:
Cont/Build: Gus Worz

Description: 2 story vertical wood siding Contemporary: entry, living room/dining room combination, wet bar, kitchen, study, bedroom and bath on upper level. Master bedroom and bath, laundry room/mechanics and another bedroom and bath on the lower level. Sweeping river views of the Little Miami from walls of windows, terraces and decks. Heated lap pool and screened summer house.
Original Use: Unknown
Current Use: Residential

CHANGES As Built: N
Add To: Y
Sub From: N
Replace: N

Changes Details: Renovation by Bill Howard (see story 2). 2002 - permit for Jim Pustinger to add and remodel. (Epic, contractors, Hans Nuetzel, architect).


Owners:


Current Owner:
Curr Date Fr: 2012
Curr Date To:

Original Owner: Edward Friedlander
Date Fr: 1928
Date To: 1943

Owner 1: Julia M. Foster
Date Fr 1: 1943
Date To 1: 1945

Owner 2: Della R. Staun
Date Fr 2: 1945
Date To 2: 1946

Owner 3: James M. Barkdull
Date Fr 3: 1946
Date To 3: 1947

Owner 4: J. Aaron Meyer
Date Fr 4: 1947
Date To 4: 1951

Owner 5: Mary R. Cravens
Date Fr 5: 1951
Date To 5: 1952

Owner 6: Edgar Ray & B. Miracle
Date Fr 6: 1952
Date To 6: 1953

Owner 7: Harold Bertke
Date Fr 7: 1953
Date To 7: 1953

Owner 8: Joe W. & Myrtle R. Connie Mullins (1977 just Connie)
Date Fr 8: 1953
Date To 8: 1978

Owner 9: William D. & Suzanne M. Howard
Date Fr 9: 1978
Date To 9: 1985

Owner 10: James G. & Maureen J. Hunt
Date Fr 10: 1985
Date To 10: 1999

Owner 11: James Jim M. & Jennifer Jenni J. Pustinger
Date Fr 11: 1999
Date To 11: 2012


Stories

Story 1 : Gus Worz built the original building here for Edward Friedlander. Friedlander was a wealthy Jew from Cincinnati who sponsored Camp Friedlander on the Little Miami River near Miamiville for the Cincinnati Boy Scouts. (from Robert L. Achor, grandson of Gus Worz)
Story 2 : According to Ginger Howard, daughter of Bill & Libby Howard who lived at 2 Oxford, Bill bought and renovated 3 Oxford and then sold it to the Hunts.
Story 3 : From a real estate notation: Unique contemp blt around a historic log frame. This is probably the building built for Edward Friedlander.
Story 4 : According to the phone books there was another house at # 3 1/2 Oxford. Those living in the house according to the Terrace Park phone books were: 1963-4 Larry and Flo Lewis (no phone); 1965-6 James and Sandra Miller; 1967-70 none listed; 1971-2 Larry and Linda King; 1973-6 Stanley and Jody Malone (no phone 1973-4); 1978-82 Dave Magy(no phone). What happened to that house?
Story 5 : 1959-64 Directories:Joe & Connie Mullins & E. C. Owens


Directories:

1959-64 Directories:
Joe & Connie Mullins & E. C. Owens

1965-72 Directories:
Mrs. Connie Mullins

1978 Directory:
Connie Mullins (Sold 1978)

1980 Directory:
T. A. Bonet/Jim & Maureen Hunt

1982 Directory:
Jim & Maureen Hunt

1984-97 Directories:
'' (Sold 1985)

1998-99 Directory:
(Sold 1999)

2000-12 Directories:
Jim & Jenni Pustinger

2015 Directory:
Matthew & Emily Parker