222 Oxford Avenue


General Information

No: 222
Street: Oxford
Name: Emil & Fannie Rauscher House
Family: Seward
Historic Plaque: N

Owner Info: N
Built: 1886
Sec: 23
Sub: Pattison & Iuen
Lot: 8-9
Architect:
Cont/Build:

Description: 2 1/2 story Victorian Farmhouse, siding, hip & gable roofs.
Original Use: Residential
Current Use: Residential

CHANGES As Built: N
Add To: Y
Sub From: N
Replace: N

Changes Details: 1999 - Sewards remodeled 2 bathrooms and kitchen (Architect: Cabinetry Concepts; Contractor: Ryan remodeling). 2001 - in ground pool (Kramer pools). 2002 - permit for M&M Tom Seward to add garden room out front of existing garage, add 1 car bay to side of garage and storage area. (Existing 2 car garage has garden storage /potting area. Proposed 3 car garage would have garden/all purpose room and storage.) Ryan remodeling and Architects Plus.


Owners:


Current Owner: Nancy C. Seward
Curr Date Fr: 1995
Curr Date To:

Original Owner: Emil & Fannie Rauscher
Date Fr: 1886
Date To: 1905

Owner 1: George G. Ludwig
Date Fr 1: 1905
Date To 1: 1913

Owner 2: Evelyn Stuntz
Date Fr 2: 1913
Date To 2: 1919

Owner 3: Laura H. McKay (& Jas. R.)
Date Fr 3: 1919
Date To 3: 1928

Owner 4: Horatio L. Buckingham (Susie Buckingham in 1933)
Date Fr 4: 1928
Date To 4: 1951

Owner 5: Roma B. Flint
Date Fr 5: 1951
Date To 5: 1954

Owner 6: Henry Samuel & Mary Gerard Cone
Date Fr 6: 1954
Date To 6: 1972

Owner 7: P. G. & L. Lollie Bailey
Date Fr 7: 1972
Date To 7: 1985

Owner 8: Thomas G. & Nancy C. Seward
Date Fr 8: 1985
Date To 8: 1995

1975 Owner: Peter G. & Loretta Bailey. 8-9 PI


Stories

Story 1 : Emil (brother of Ida Rauscher Breiling and Emma Rauscher Hoffman) & Fannie Rauscher - great uncle & aunt of Helen Christopher Barnett. Walter and Irvin J. Rauscher, sons, lived here as children. These two, the Rauscher Brothers, had a gas station and garage in Milford just over the bridge on the right (torn down 1975 - see Milford Calendar 2001) .
Story 2 : Mary Gerard Cone lived as a child with her parents at 732 Miami. Later moved away to the Cleveland area, then to her mother's younger brother's home (725 Yale) and to 602 Miami.
Story 3 : H. Samuel Cone was born September 20, 1923 and died September 24, 2010, aged 87 years, buried Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH, Craver Riggs Funeral Home.


Directories:

1939 Map:
Forshee (moved to 301 Stanton)

1942 Map:
no name

1951/3 Map:
Buckingham; AlbertFlint

1959-70 Directories:
Sam & Mary Cone

1971-72 Direct:
'' (Sold 1972)

1973-80 Directories:
Pete & Lolly Bailey (moved from Simpsonville MD with 2 sets of twins)

1982 Directory:
Pete Bailey

1984 Directory:
'' (Sold 1985)

1986-2012 Directories:
Thomas & Nancy Seward