625 Miami Avenue


General Information

No: 625
Street: Miami
Name: N
Family: Rushing
Historic Plaque: N

Owner Info: Y
Built: 1925
Sec: 23
Sub: Sibley's 3rd BL 18
Lot: 4-5-6
Architect:
Cont/Build:

Description: 1 story, siding, low gable roof.
Original Use: Residential
Current Use: Residential

CHANGES As Built: N
Add To: Y
Sub From: N
Replace: N

Changes Details: 1967 - damaged by fire and restored by Tim Jackson, contractor. 1984 - Yeltons expanded the house: added an open deck, dining room and a large bedroom with half bath. 1991 - Flach Douglas built a screen porch on the existing deck. 1994 - permit for Flach Douglas to remodel the kitchen: opened up earlier space by removing the wall between the kitchen & dining room (Randall Hershey, architect; Bill Marshall (Marshal Howe Homes), contractor).


Owners:


Current Owner: Jerry & Betty Rushing
Curr Date Fr: 2010
Curr Date To:

Original Owner: (see earlier deeds) George Wood
Date Fr: 1934
Date To: 1936

Owner 1: Grace C. Wood
Date Fr 1: 1936
Date To 1: 1941

Owner 2: Lee White Russell
Date Fr 2: 1941
Date To 2: 1947

Owner 3: Robert C. & Marian W. Thomas
Date Fr 3: 1947
Date To 3: 1950

Owner 4: Louise K. Tooker
Date Fr 4: 1950
Date To 4: 1957

Owner 5: Ralph A. Tooker
Date Fr 5: 1957
Date To 5: 1959

Owner 6: Mildred M. Tooker
Date Fr 6: 1959
Date To 6: 1960

Owner 7: Gloria I. Palm
Date Fr 7: 1960
Date To 7: 1960

Owner 8: Minna T. Iden
Date Fr 8: 1960
Date To 8: 1965

Owner 9: Elizabeth Elphick Cook
Date Fr 9: 1965
Date To 9: 1968

Owner 10: Kenneth E. & Mary J. Yelton (1989 just Kenneth)
Date Fr 10: 1968
Date To 10: 1990

Owner 11: Flach & Barbara R. Douglas
Date Fr 11: 1990
Date To 11: 2010

1975 Owner: Kenneth E. Yelton. 4-5-6 Sib 3


Stories

Story 1 : Sara Thomas Dunsford lived here with her parents and her dog, Andy, while attending the Terrace Park School. The family moved to California where she finished high school in 1955. Then they returned to the Cincinnati area and lived on Beech Street in Mariemont until after Sara was married at St. Thomas Church in 1960. She graduated from Miami University in 1959 and then worked for Albert Graves of 401 Marietta at the Central Trust Bank in Cincinnati. Sara's father retired in 1960 and her parents moved to Carmel, California. There are pictures of their 625 Miami Avenue home in the TP Historical Society house notebooks. (Information from Sara Dunsford in 2010)
Story 2 : When Sarah Thomas Dunsford visited the Rushing family here we also learned the the river rock has been closed in by dry wall and brick. Betty Rushing commented, It would be fantastic to 'unveil' it someday.


Directories:

1939 Map:
Woods

1942 Map:
Geis

1951/3 Map:
Ralph A. Tooker

1959-60 Directories:
Ralph Tooker

1962-63 Directory:
Gloria Iden Palm (moved from 109 Red Bird)

1963-64 Directory:
'' (later Gloria Giannestra)

1965-68 Directories:
Mrs. Lisa Cook

1969-74 Directories:
Ken & Mary Jane Yelton

1975-76 Directory:
'' & Geraldine M. Yelton

1978 Directory:
'' ''(moved to 319 Harvard)

1980-88 Directories:
Ken & Mary Jane Yelton

1990-2007 Directories:
Flach & Barbara Douglas (moved from Milford)

2008-09 Directory:
(Sold 2010 Jerry & Betty Rushing moved from