405-2 Miami Avenue


General Information

No: 405-2
Street: Miami
Name: N
Family: Crowley
Historic Plaque: N

Owner Info:
Built: 1955
Sec: 23
Sub: Sibley's Lots 3 & 4 of Camden City
Lot: Irreg pt 153
Architect: James M. Alexander Jr.
Cont/Build: probably Carl Nimmo

Description: 1 story (2 in back) Contemporary Ranch, vertical siding, very low pitch roof.
Original Use: Residential
Current Use: Residential

CHANGES As Built: N
Add To: Y
Sub From: N
Replace: Y

Changes Details: The present house replaces an earlier stucco Mediterranean style home (see pictures in TP Historical Society file) which was burned. The new house was built on the old foundations plus additional new ones. According to Sally Stirsman, the river side of the house was all glass on at least 2 floors. She has floor plans (or at least did as she can't find them in 2015). It was designed in 1954 and built in the summer of 1955. 1983 - the Kains built a garage/carport and perhaps made other changes.


Owners:


Current Owner: Sherri L. Crowley
Curr Date Fr: 2015
Curr Date To:

Original Owner: Ernest Abbott Johnson
Date Fr: 1954
Date To: 1959

Owner 1: Elsie Rush
Date Fr 1: 1959
Date To 1: 1967

Owner 2: Sarah Sally S. Stirsman
Date Fr 2: 1967
Date To 2: 1976

Owner 3: Robert W. & Kathleen V. Kain (1978 just Robert)
Date Fr 3: 1976
Date To 3: 1986

Owner 4: Robert W. & Judith A. Kain (later just Judith)
Date Fr 4: 1986
Date To 4: 2012

Owner 5: Michelle N. Campbell
Date Fr 5: 2012
Date To 5: 2015

1975 Owner: Sarah S. Stirsman. Ir pt 153 Sib 3 (95x130ir)


Stories

Story 1 : James M. Alexander Jr., architect of 405-2 house, was a professor of architecture at the University of Cincinnati and later Dean (see his notes and pictures in the file of the old house before demolition and of the foundations).
Story 2 : Lovel F. Rush was born 10 March 1897 and died 19 November 1968, aged 71 years, Copher Funeral Home. Elsie Rush was born in 1900 and died 3 March 1967, Monroe-Copher Funeral Home. They are both buried in Section 14 of Greenlawn Cemetery, Milford OH.


Directories:

1959 Directory:
E. Abbott & Danny Johnson

1960-64 Directories:
L. F. & Elsie Rush

1965-66 Direct:
L. F. & Midge Rush

1967-68 Direct:
L. F. Rush (Elsie died March 3, 1967. Lovel F. Doc Rush died November 19, 1968.)

1969-74 Directories:
Richard & Sally Stirsman

1975-76 Direct:
S. (Sally) Stirsman (Sold 1976)

1978 Directory:
Bob & Kathe Kain (moved from 607 Yale)

1980-84 Directories:
Bob Kain

1986-2012 Directories:
Bob & Judy Kain